Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hot Rod Eliminators or Gransport.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm new to this forum and therefore this is my first question. I.m looking to buy a pair of skis this weekend. I would class myself as an intermediate skier (about level 6) around 182 lbs and 6ft 1 ". I have a fairly athletic build ( cycling, running etc) and have three ski trips planned this year. So far I have skied mainly on piste and last year tried a (very) little bit of off piste which was a lot of fun. Having scoured the skiing press and the pages of this (excellent forum) I quite fancy buying either a pair of Nordica Gransoprt s12's or the Hot Rod Eliminators. My spend limit is around the £350-400 max.

Any advice on this potential purchase would be much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
madmac1, This has probably been said before, and by heads much wiser than mine, but have you tried these skis for a day or two on a mountain? If not, then before spending £400, I would suggest hiring and trying a few to see how well you get on with them. Also you could try some others of varying 'styles' for comparison. Just a suggestion. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice. However the last couple of ski holidays I've been on I have been left a bit disapointed not necessarily with the quality of the equipment but the way it has been maintained. I guess I got a bit fed up with trips back to the hire shop to sort things out but still not being left entirely happy. However in my heart of hearts I know that you are right and value your input
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
madmac1, firstly welcome to snowHead
Where are you going? To build on AxsMan's suggestion can you email a couple of shops in resort and see if they'll let you demo those 2 skis before you buy, some places won't charge you for a couple of days rental if you try-before-buy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
madmac1, can you get to an Ellis Brigham test - I'm sure there are a few in December ?? If not go for the Hot Rods - I've just bought a pair after testing at EB Castleford in October Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Thanks again for the advice. Had checked out the Ellis Brigham test but live in the South and can't make the dates. Otherwise thiswould have been ideal. With regards to resorts we are off to Belle Plagne in January if this is any help
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy