Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler.

Poster: A snowHead
Well to all those of you who are heading over here, one word-

AWESOME.

Ive been out with the Dave Murray guys today, and there's so much snow that we've not done a single gate, just hitting fresh tracks every run. It's due to dump another 25cms overnight, just in time for me to go out with the Extremely Canadian guys, which at the moment looks like it's going to be a one on one session. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope your edges go rusty and your tips delaminate.
Not jealous at all Going green

I hear you beaten by a girl the other morning wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FenlandSkier, when I was jet lagged, out on new skis for the first time, and skiing against a girl who has skied every day for the past four weeks, I did have some trouble overtaking her at points during the day. However in the afternoon, after nearly killing her, she suddenly became a lot slower. Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's the B2s, that's the key to winning.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

However in the afternoon, after nearly killing her, she suddenly became a lot slower

Old habits, as they say. Sounds like the perfect coditions for your new all in one skis.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, seriously, if she comes back for the EOSB, I think that she'll win by a mile, boys and girls. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For a week 3ish skier she was a bit mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, 3 weeks tomorrow!!! (I just hope it doesn't start raining when I get there) snowHead Who was your Murray Camp coach and was it a very quiet camp?

Tom's doing a weekly report but he's not updated it yet. http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/dave/index.htm
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer wrote:
Well to all those of you who are heading over here, one word-

AWESOME.

Ive been out with the Dave Murray guys today, and there's so much snow that we've not done a single gate, just hitting fresh tracks every run. It's due to dump another 25cms overnight, just in time for me to go out with the Extremely Canadian guys, which at the moment looks like it's going to be a one on one session. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There is no way on earth the extremly guys will not have a hangover this morning after thier "freakish ball" last night.

I didn;t notice you there, or skisimon either.

One the other hand, please try to ID snowheads in pictures to follow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I should know when Kramer says "Follow me" that its going to end in an adventure......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hels_t, was it you who beat him then? I wondered if it was either you or maybe your 'roomie' Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tee hee, yes, at lunch time he asked me to slow down Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geetee, she'd leave him for dust too!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frightening, simply frightening. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hels_t, Laughing excellent.

I can't wait to get over there now Very Happy but I know my legs are going to take a real beating too.
latest report
i've got the need for speed!
latest report
geetee, like your countdown!

We'll keep the snow coming down for you.
snow conditions
geetee, my roomie says hi!
ski holidays
hels_t, Very Happy say hi back and welcome to snowHead Ask her if she's said 'hi' to Bucky and mention the word locker wink
ski holidays
geetee wrote:
Ask her if she's said 'hi' to Bucky

snowHead snowHead

Yep, make sure she delivers the 'special hello' from Dave and I? Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
I gave the party a miss last night, if I had know there were going to be sH's there I would have had a lemonade or two!
snow conditions
Tested Movement Goliaths 110mm waist yeooow!! Lots of pow to test it out. Need a tad more visibility to let her go. Proper review to come later

oh yah - wifey grabbed the skis for a run and wouldn;t give them back. I had to beg and plead.

Conditions

Extensive snow transport due to high winds. Good skiing very aspect dependant. Windloaded chutes and faces have probably 60 - 80 cms in them while some windward or crossloaded slopes are scoured and have windslab.

Bombholes on Diamond Bowl and below Pakalolo and Secret Chutes in start zones didn't trigger anything - based on having no debris below

Top of ridges obviously wind-scoured. Chainsaw and CBC ridge prime examples.

10 - 15cm fell during day on top of about 30 reported from yday with winds of between 30 - 40 kmh
latest report
LeeLau,

Going green Going green Going green snowHead
snow report
Well last week certainly was a week to learn how to powder ski.
snow report
Or drink, if you were in hels_t's company......
snow report
Quote:

Free yourself from the tyranny of the turn, don't be in servitude to sidecut, Just Go Straight!

Kramer, You been skiing with Tom Pro then? Very Happy
snow report
veeeight, Kramer, hels_t, PaulHothersall - anyone in Whistler!, By the way, what's the news on Symphony? Anyone got any pics? Is it amazing??? We need some news over here!!! Very Happy
snow report
geetee, you won't be getting any news from any of the guys over there for a while. A storm has taken out the internet link for the whole of the resort.

We were up Blackcomb on Saturday, to get away from the crowds on Whistler, but we could hear them bombing like mad to get Symphony cleared in time for the Grand Opening. If it was anything like Seventh Heaven was, it would have had about a foot and a half of fresh powder on top of a two metre snowbase. Spanky's was a lot of fun as well, and I'm proud to say that I helped hels_t to lose her double diamond virginity, with only some gentle persuasion needed. Basically fresh powder turns are to be found throughout the resort, with only a little effort needed to find them.

Seriously, they've had over six metres cumulative snowfall so far since the beginning of November, and about two metres in the last two weeks. Average for the whole season is usually just over nine, so conditions are fantastic, as long as you don't expect sunny skies. If you can ski powder, or want to learn how to, then there's nowhere better at the moment, however if you're not used to it, you may struggle a bit. Fitness is also vital. Thank God I'd done some preparation this season or else I'd have been in real trouble

Oh and to add insult to injury, it was snowing again when I left. Very Happy

geetee, I was out with Tom Pro on the Dave Murray. Very highly recommended, as was the extremely Canadian.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
I was out with Tom Pro on the Dave Murray. Very highly recommended, as was the extremely Canadian.

Did Traynor look like a "flabby brown bean bag"? Pro's words, not mine. Little Angel
latest report
Kramer, some of my favourite days on Whistler have been when there hasn't been a bit of sun or blue sky in sight!! Very Happy I bet it must have been hard to come home and a shame you couldn't stay a bit longer. Yes, we're looking forward to catching up with Pro and the team in 4 short weeks time! Can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
geetee wrote:
Kramer, some of my favourite days on Whistler have been when there hasn't been a bit of sun or blue sky in sight!! Very Happy

Is that when you were lying in bed, nursing your ankle injury geetee?
Little Angel
ski holidays
Kramer, I see what you mean. Although we've had a couple of mails from Tom Pro this week but then maybe he's using dial-up.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?content=Communication+breakdown+1351
snow conditions
Hey Guys,

We're now back on line in Whistler. Still having a fantastic time here. Its been great to see kramer and skisimon for their all-too-short visits. Has to be said that we had some epic adventures and some good nights out. They certainly chose a good week for it.
ski holidays
hels_t, yay!! good to see you back again! snowHead Everyone getting into the Christmas spirit(s) over there?
ski holidays
hels_t, glad that you're having fun, I was a bit worried that you weren't enjoying yourself enough when I was there. wink
latest report
Wee hee, only 22 sleeps to go...

hels_t, please tell your roomie we are waiting for some updates snowHead
snow conditions
Robbie, there's lots dirt but what goes on in Whsitler stays in Whistler
ski holidays
btw, I won a snowboard tonight!!!!!
latest report
hels_t, congratulations. Now all you need is another couple of pairs of skis!
latest report
We've had the fibre spliced into a temporary repair now, so we're running on a bit of sellotape for the internet for now!

Communications have resumed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy