Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee - Easter 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been there recently? We've never skied in Switzerland - booked it for its altitude, and reasonable brochure price.

Various reports say 'good, but not for a whole week' etc.

So, what's the word? Ski-ing, APRES SKI, village atmosphere etc etc.

Cheers,
CD
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisdavis, we went in August for a summer holiday and we're going again on the 28th for some skiing. Can't comment on it's ski-worthiness yet but we're back on the 4th so I'll let you know. I gather that if you get a pass that covers the whole valley, then a trip down to Saas Grund and Saas Almagell are worth trying. The village is lovely and I think would have a great atmosphere in the evening.

Not a lot of help for now! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vanderstel wrote:
chrisdavis, we went in August for a summer holiday and we're going again on the 28th for some skiing. Can't comment on it's ski-worthiness yet but we're back on the 4th so I'll let you know. I gather that if you get a pass that covers the whole valley, then a trip down to Saas Grund and Saas Almagell are worth trying. The village is lovely and I think would have a great atmosphere in the evening.

Not a lot of help for now! Very Happy

vanderstel - Sounds promising, cheers.
Forgot to say that MrsD is excited about going cos that's where they filmed the Last Christmas video rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Forgot to say that MrsD is excited about going cos that's where they filmed the Last Christmas video

That alone makes it worth the visit Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisdavis, we went there a few years ago over New Year:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=110802

It is a fantastic place, the village is really characterful, with old half timbered house / barns and hotels from the Victorian age. The surroundings are pretty spectacular too. We weren't overwhelmed by the extent of the skiing or the quality of the lift system. You could do a day trip to Zermatt though and try out Saas Grund and Saas Almgal (sp?) as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This season, if you buy a 6 day Saas-Fee lift pass you get one day free on the lifts in Zermatt. There is a travel agency in Saas-Fee that organises day trips (but I haven't used them). Alternatively, some of the TOs run day trips (which is what we did). If you are adventurous, it is not difficult to make the trip by bus and train and you end up in the centre of Zermatt rather than being dumped on the outskirts.

If you want an afternoon off from skiing, try the alpine gorge. Book at the mountain guides office. We had a great afternoon a couple of years back.

We didn't find Saas Grund very exciting when we tried it for an afternoon, but we didn't try Saas Almagel.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoppo and Derek - useful info guys, I like the sound of a day in Zermatt Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went there last easter, great snow, good lifts up to the glacier, great town but bit of a hike to get there on public transport. You will not be dissapointed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought that Saas Grund was a better option than Saas Almagel.

I was there at Easter last year.....I think I may have done a trip report at some point.....I'll have a look.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went there last easter and found it very scenic and village nice and quiet as no cars allowed in. Got bored with terrain after about three days found it rather limited and because most of the higher runs are on glaciers, there were a lot of drag lifts. Went to saas grund for an afternoon which is not bad. Definately try and get to Zermatt for the day, well worth the effort.

Bruce
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisdavis wrote:
Has anyone been there recently? We've never skied in Switzerland - booked it for its altitude, and reasonable brochure price.

Various reports say 'good, but not for a whole week' etc.

So, what's the word? Ski-ing, APRES SKI, village atmosphere etc etc.

Cheers,
CD

One rule-of-thumb is that a resort needs at least 200km of piste to keep a good, athletic skier amused for a week. Saas Fee has roughly 100km of slopes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy