Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko - it has snow!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, i know it's Bansko, but how pretty does this look?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevec, looking pretty good isn't it! snowHead I will be enjoying the slopes of Bansko again at the end of January. Going to Sestriere for xmas which is looking even better at the moment. Will you be going to Bansko this winter?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that a realtime photo from Bansko? It looks like a stock 'fairytale advert' photo rather than current conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's realtime, it's from the webcam and seems to update fairly regualy. Infact, i've just checked it again and it now looks like this:

Not bad.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hornster, Hopefully not! I was in Borovets last years due to "budgetory constraints" - i had to get my snowfix no-matter where, enjoyed it but don't think i'll be going back again in the near future

Will hopefully be somewhere in the 3 valleys this year but not booked yet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevec, I don't blame you. Borovets is a dump!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is realtime. Looks like they had a megadump in Bansko on Mon 12 Dec. Check out the archive webcams. They go from brown to white in 24 hrs:

http://www.bulgariaski.com/webcam.php?lang=en&resort=Bansko&img=1165919422
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having completely wrecked my board yesterday to the point where it is totally non-repairable (thats $600 down the drain), I am in the best position to tell you the current situation in Bansko.

Its 10:30am on the 26th Dec 2006. There are 3 slopes open in Bansko, 2 at the top and one at the station. The one at the station is purely man made snow and about as rideable and fun as any UK indoor track, 10 minutes and the boredom is overwhelming. The top two are fine if you go straight, but turn, and say goodbye to your ski's or board as the snow is about 10cm in places and contact with whats underneath it is regular. People are venturing off piste onto the other pistes which are now classed as off piste , but with patches of rocks everywhere it is only because they are desperate and willing to risk everything.

Yes there are lots of people up there skiing, but after spending €1000 each for this week, and only being here for a limited 7 days, they have reached the point where they would snow on rooftops, if there was snow on them.

The forecast is bleak. The next 6 days is sunshine every day and frost every night....NOT 1cm of snow. According to experts here it could even be late Jan early Feb before we see any skiable snow.

NO LOCALS are skiing and have no plans to until the snow comes, they are leving the mountain to the foolhardy , desperate and suicidal.

The webcam is strategically placed on the only nice looking slope, probably in the whole of Bulgaria. Blame it on Global warming, blame it on what you want, in 2004 there was no snow till Feb. At the end of the day, its a ski resort and has suffered as most of Europe has. You book a ski holiday , you run the risk, but at least in other European resorts if theres no snow theres other things to do, whilst in Bansko, if theres no snow the only alternative is drink drink drink as its not the most exciting place in the world.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
derek42,
Welcome to snowHead 's , bad luck on your conditions, just hope that your next holiday gets you some missing powder.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy