Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Ischgl weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back yesterday from a Thurs - Mon trip to Ischgl. It proved to be a great choice. Even the skiing on Friday was good despite the fact that it was before the arrival of good snowfall on the Saturday. The resort itself was busy with the bars packed and lively. Up above there were about 7 lifts open and it was perfectly ok for a first day's skiing. Then woke up on Saturday to snow down to the valley floor and it kept bucketing down until mid-afternoon. The rest of the weekend was spent in powder heaven and, with the majority of the area open, it was a superb weekend's skiing. Along with Zermatt, Ischgl is our resort of choice for our early season weekends. Both have never failed to disappoint in terms of both apres ski and snow. One of our party lives in Austria, about an hour from St Anton and he says Ischgl is always the better bet for December snow conditions. Even after the snowfall, we met quite a few people who were staying in St Anton but having to come over to Ischgl to find the good snow. All in all, a very satisfactory weekend.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was one of those who came over from St Anton and I agree with you, StanBowles, Saturday was an unexpectedly good powder day although on the Sunday there were quite a few in our party who trashed brand new skis on test (I was not one fortunately, particularly as I was on my own skis) on rock-based powder/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
StanBowles,
Quote:

Both have never failed to disappoint in terms of both apres ski and snow.

Up until you said this, there was me thinking that you'd enjoyed yourself wink

Good to hear some positive news though, thanks for that Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boothy - what was the journey like from st anton - ischgl? did you go by train or hire a car?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B00thy, I think the trick is to pick the powder that is on grass not rocks! Seriously, though, we had the benefit of being in the area on the Friday so we could see the slopes that had a base ahead of Saturday's snow. Even then, my lovely all mountain skis are going in for a serious service after quite a few rock encounters as well. Even so, early on Monday afternoon just before our dash to the airport, we were still finding good powder pitches. The important message is that, yet again despite disappointing early December conditions, a weekend in the Alps didn't fail to turn out brilliant.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, chuckle - thanks for spotting that little slip. How on earth did I conjure up that phrase! You can tell I dashed off the message in a hurry.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm heading out there tomorrow .. hope the conditions stay reasonable.

Were you able to ski down to the resort ??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
StanBowles, pleased to see you had a great time. It's was a relief for us after all of the doom and gloom leading up to the trip so you must have been in the same boat. Even though we were late hitting the slopes because of the weather wasn't Saturday a great surprise? We'll have to have a look at Ischgl sometime. Great name by the way Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichA, runs to the resort were open but very scratchy. The runs to the middle station, though, were excellent and, although we had skied to the bottom a couple of times, it was better to just take the lift down from the mid-station. Of course, the top station of the lifts from the village are just the start at Ischgl so no real problem compromising a bit for the last few hundred metres down to resort.

Grimsby Ranger, hi there. Do I take it you are a fellow Rs fan?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
StanBowles, most definitely, for my sins wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
loatie, We drove from St Anton to Ischgl - I seem to remember it was about 45 mins. It's a fairly obvious route - you head for Landeck and when you are nearing Landeck you will see a sign for Ischgl - follow your nose from there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy