Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Goggle advice please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been skiing about 5 years. On my second year I bought a pair of googles which I scratched to death last year trying to clear the snow from the inside of them (don't ask).

I'm in the market for a new pair so what should I look out for? Double lensed, anti-fog, etc. etc.
What colour lenses should I get? I've had orange in the past.
Are some makes better than others?
How much do you reckon I should spend?

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

My local shop is doing 20% off tomorrow so some speedy advice from fellow snowHead would be great.

Thanks
Kersh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kersh, Find your nearest Somerfield/Tchibo outlet and pick up a pair of their 10£ goggles, They'll only be on the shelf for another week and they are the best value for money double lens goggles you can pick up.
Otherwise you can spend anything up to 100£. it's down to how fixated you are with branding and bling.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kersh, I know here in the US you can get something decent for under $50 and like masque said, upto 100 pounds and up. The pink/parsimmon (sp?) lens IMO has worked best in the full range of light conditions (from bluebird sun to whiteout/fog where contrast is really needed). The silver mirror type lenses are generally for bright sun conditions but have no use in low light etc. Definately get something with a decent ventilation system; trust me it'll save you from defogging the lens/ scratches etc. Also, if you wear a helmet/ or are planning on getting one, take into account the fit of the goggles on a helmet. Generally the cheapo goggles don't have the ventilation/ lens choices mentioned above but again you normally get what you pay for (also I like to buy things once and use them a few seasons even thought it may cost a little more initially).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the pointers! wink. makwendo, I may consider some pink lenses as i've had a few problems with orange ones in a white out.

Out of the usual brands you see in the shops are there some better avoided?

Thanks
Kersh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kersh, I've just PM'd you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy