Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow reporting by snowHeads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just got another snow report from snowHeads which I enjoy reading. However I would like to point out that for the US places like Colorado and Utah are being reported as the midwest but they aren't anything like the midwest.
The midwest would be far east of the Rockies, states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio etc. Those are mostly flat states with ski areas located on hills or ridges. There is nothing like the Rockies, the Sierra Nevada in California or the Cascades of Washington and Oregon. There are a lot of ski areas, especially in the first three states mentioned but most are small. Vertical ranges from under 300 feet (well under 100m) to a couple that have about 900 feet (under 300m). Mt Bohemia in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan would be the most expert of the midwest ski areas and the closest to what you find farther west. It has 900 feet of vertical and lots of steeps and trees, no grooming and lots of lake effect snow from Lake Superior.
So, keep reporting on the midwest but please differentiate that from the mountainous states farther west.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you for your advice fiddler, glad u are enjoying them snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How do you ge the snowHead snow reports?

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kersh, they should have arrived by email in the early hours of this morning. It was basically a copy of this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21524

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 12-12-06 11:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kersh, check your SPAM box, just in case.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, i'll check it out.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's not been accurate about Cairngorm either - yup there was skiing on Saturday (I was there) but where they got the "By Sun[day], rain and wind had wiped out most of it and the resort was closed" I don't know. Yes the wind was bad and it was closed (I don't think they intended to open Sun anyway due to the expected conditions) but there was little iif no rain as far as I know and the runs were still white when viewed from Aviemore. If "most of it" was "wiped out" I'm also wondering what all that white stuff on the web cams is?

Best taken with a very large dose of salt I think!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 12-12-06 15:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, please no - that will melt it further. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^ LOL Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga, Ah well - but we know who prepares these reports don't we???
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski wrote:
roga, Ah well - but we know who prepares these reports don't we???

Mystic Meg?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SCGB?

Nah, couldn't be... could it?

In all honesty I haven't got a clue! Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy