Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting Married

Poster: A snowHead
Those of you from the old SCGB will know I recently got engaged to my good lady. Should I blow the few hundred I have in the bank on a spring trip to the slopes or invest it in getting married next Autumn. In the hope that some nice rellie will pay for my honeymoon to a top class ski resort somewhere. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What have we taught you, John? Blow it on the ski=ing - I'm assuming you will be taking your intended with you!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I (we!) got married in Wengen. It was a good week's skiing as I remember Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indeed, Wengen, Zermatt and other resorts in Switzerland have English churches if that's what you're after.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whistler also do on-slper wedding, and it would surprise me if you couldn;t gett married at some of the resorts around lake tahoe
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We plan to get married here in N. Ireland. My intended has allowed me to pick our honeymoon destination if she can do the rest. So of course I intend to go ski-ing, but am looking for somewhere special. Switzerland, USA, Canada etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does she ski Question
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
John. If you have the budget, this placewould be a magnificent honeymoon destination. It's phenomenally romantic.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off thread slightly johnboy, but I hope you've set your video for tonights Salvage Squad. Restoring something called a Massey Harris 780, whatever that is. Back on thread, a couple of hundred isn't going to make much of a dent in a wedding bill, so blow it on the holiday. maybe don't tell the in-laws though...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a married man with two kids, I can only advise you to blow it on a holiday while you can Mr. Green
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DG It may be romantic, but you can still nearly buy a house in Wales for the cost of a honeymoon there - well nearly, but I've been told a million times not to exaggerate Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Make sure you get married in the Ski season.....otherwise you won't have an excuse for an annual blow out at a fantastic ski resort. We got married in July...such a mistake!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unless you go "down under" Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, that stops when you get married Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc, I'll take your word for it Wink
latest report
Don't tell Johnboy that.
He may not realise marriage is closely followed by
b]"ACCESS DENIED"[/b]
snow report
Hard to swallow, but sadly true.

I'll get my coat Embarassed
snow report
I am also looking into getting married on the slopes, but need a venue that is reasonable but still good skiing and where none skiers can get access to the ceremony. Any thoughts wink
latest report
Sweeney12, see earlier comments made by others, I know/have met a number of people married in Wengen who seemed to enjoy the experience, one set were lucky enough to have had heavy snow in the village just a day or two before the wedding which meant that the bride and groom left in a beautifully decorated horse drawn sleigh
ski holidays
Sweeney12 wrote:
and where none skiers can get access to the ceremony. Any thoughts wink

I'm sure most churches/venues are not ski-in only and will cater for non skiers.
ski holidays
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59952

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
None? you don't want any of them there?
snow conditions
I see my jokes haven't improved in the last seven years
ski holidays
Spend it on a vasectomy, cos when kids come along, if you can get skiing, most time will be spent queing, get some snowshoes because you can walk faster than kids ski etc etc
snow conditions
johnboy, I know you said ye were getting married in Nrl and also Sweeney12, we got married in zell am see in austria a few yrs ago. we tried to do it during ski season but the prices were just too high. plus some of the guests were only able to stay 3 days so we decided to do it in july instead. we both live life to the full and have had some great holidays in our time but this was the best week of our lives by far. best in total enjoyment and not just the romantic aspect of it. had a great bunch of people with us, some family and all our best friends. we paid for the transfer from the airport and all drink for 2 nights in the hotel also paid accom deposit for everyone (60 people) everything incl 2 week holiday for ourselves (we drove to croatia after everyone else was gone home) car hire, church, flowers, food car hire etc, etc total approx 11.000 euro. which was much less than we would have paid at home. this is not including the generous presents we got which covered half the price.
all our friends keep askin if we are thinking of getting divorced so that we can remarry in the same place. Toofy Grin
wife has done a write up about it on tripadvisor under romantic hotel zell am see, think she uses the username 'radi'
I could write a full page of do's and dont's and ideas etc but don't have the energy but will answer any questions if you are interested no problem.
to be honest we really didnt have to do any organising as the lady who owns the hotel did everything for us.
I cannot possibly put in words how much we recommend a zell am see romantic hotel wedding.
latest report
Sweeney12, How about Square valley, USA? Cable car access to the top gives a fantastic view - just make sure your guests are not afraid of heights, my wedding was held up because my future Sister-in-law had a wobbly fit about the cable car. And somehow my mother-in-law didn't get the memo about it being in a restaurant and showed up in sweatpants and sneakers!
snow report
Our American friends got married here at a ski in/ski out chapel in Stowe, Vermont (where the von Trapps settled after WWII).

http://www.stowe.com/groups/weddings/mountain_chapel/

We visited the chapel with them on skis on their first anniversary. It's small and requires either skiing or snow-shoeing to reach it but as far as I know it's unique. Unless you know better.

Go for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
7-year bump, that's got to be a record. Or is it an itch? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TallTone, Laughing Itch I suspect
ski holidays
Buddy of mine ( also on here) is tying the knot in SAAS Fee, reckons its the dogs b****x, worth a peek.
snow report
TallTone, beat me to it - felt scratchy as soon as I saw the OP date. Plus I knew Johnboy was already married and in fact with sprog. wink
snow report
Sweeney12, I've a friend based Altenmarkt, in the ski amade area of Austria that has arranged wedding groups a couple of times (accommodation, reception, food, drinks etc). A great ski area, less than 1 hour from Salzburg, loads for non skiers to do, reasonable prices, lots of picture postcard views and mountain huts etc. PM me if you want more info.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy