Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone want Lessons in Ski-Welt Jan 14th to 24th?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone wants some private lessons in the Ski-Welt, January 14th to 24th. I am Austrian qualified (Anwarterprufung) English guy who has taught for the last 9 years. I can teach all but the very highest levels. I am at my best working with under confident students and those who have 'plateaued' at the intermediate stage. I'm not going to the Alps for the whole season for the 1st time in 15 years, but will be on holiday then. I just love to teach (and earn a little money), so if you're interested, send me a PM. Also check out my web site. If you've found the language barrier has prevented you understanding the technique, or that some foreign teachers don't even try to explain stuff to you and you find that frustrating, then I'm your man.

Regards to all

Andrew Day

Info@skiday.co.uk

www.skiday.co.uk
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiday, You sound like a man after my own heart

Quote:
feel free to call me, the author, anytime between 11am and 6pm, 7 days a week.

Above taken from your website - you obviously like a lay in! (good man).

Damn shame, the time you've posted below was exactly the time I was out January just gone (in Ellmau) - maybe next year??!

Why have you given up spending seasons out there?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The reason I don't get up till then is I am a singer-guitarist entertainer, so I don't go to bed till 1:30/2am. It was the singing that took me out there in the first place. Eventually I married a Belgian ski instructor Brigitte Depuydt (who is well known in Söll and Scheffau for teaching the kids for the last 23 seasons). Do you know the 'Stampfanger Kappelle', the little chapel on a rock you pass as you go up on the Söll gondola - that's where we were married. The rest of the time she works as a nanny, and the nature of the work means now and then you have to get new work and you just can't look for a new position and then say, 'oh, by the way, I'll be off in December for four months'. She's had very understanding employers in the past. That, and her feet are quite literally knackered from the ski boots.

As for me, I've had enough of the Austrian Ski school thing. I would love to work for a British run ski clinic, but it's too late now for that now. Plus I need to market my film 'How To Survive Your First Ski Holiday'. And finally, many hotels in the Isle of Wight open February to December, and I've lost seasonal bookings by not being here.

One more reason - ski holidays - I want them!

There you go, my life story - well you did ask!

Cheers

Andrew
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy