Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Confused Aussie with XMas Flights to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Me and the Shiela are flying into Geneva 8pm onFriday the 22 Dec.
We're flying out on the 28th of Dec - so its a bit of a short trip.

Looking for advice on:
(1) Resorts that I should focus on - the better half wants ski in ski out.
(2) Apartments and how to book them - websites ect. Looking to spend 500 euros of less on accomodation.
(3) Transport/Transfers

Do chalets exist where you book your beds (in bunk style accomodation) and then share the cooking facilites etc with the rest of the guests? I haven't seen any of this type of accomodation on the websites that I have looked at. Can only find chalets where you book the whole damn thing.

Thanks!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stezza, .... welcome to snowHeads..... snowHead

I really don't know if your 'Bunk-Style' accommodation still exists anywhere near Geneva - but I'm sure somebody will happen along here soon who does.....!

In the meantime you should look at another Thread, "Nearest Snow to Geneva Airport" which will give you some info to go on. Also try the SEARCH facility on this site, because this topic has been raised a few times ...... snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowheads Very Happy You wouldprobably need to stay in Geneva Friday night - there are some cheap hotels nearby. Then get somewhere Saturday morning - you will find almost all locally booked accommodation goes Saturday - Saturday and that you will need to take the whole week, even if you are leaving a couple of days early. It's a peak holiday week so apartments are at a premium - on the French side most accommodation is self catered apartments (500 euros would be fairly rock bottom for that peak week) but the Brit speciality of catered chalets, where you have your own bedroom but get meals provided for everyone is a good formula and if you can find a last minute bargain, can be a good deal as you get wine with the meals and tea and cakes after skiing, so you only need to spend money at lunch time. You may have seen that the snow is extremely scarce this year; there was a reasonable fall in many places at the end of last week but nobody knows when the next lot is coming, or whether the weather will stay cold enough to retain what exists. So Christmas is an unknown quantity, but you probably do need to book up some accommodation fairly quickly. There are plenty of web sites for taxi transfers from Geneva and you can also find the bus timetables online but you might find that hiring a small car would be better value. If you don't want to go too far from Geneva, on the French side Flaine is usually OK for snow, when there is snow around, and has a lot of cheap apartments very convenient for the slopes (albeit architecturally challenged). An easy drive from Geneva. Most of the resorts have a "centrale" booking system - go to skifrance.fr and then link to any of the French resorts from there. You'll probably get some good suggestions for Swiss resorts, too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stezza, welcome to snowHead

If you want a good location, and don't mind the quality too much, try the Vagabond in Chamonix - bunks in a hostel - 15 euro a night.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stezza, Welcome to snowHead

That time of year might be an issue... and it sounds like you might be looking at a hostel type thing which we don't tend to use. I am not sure what resorts run hostels but I know Zermatt has one for the summer

However, from Geneva, you should be looking at Chamonix or Argetierre as it should be full of Aussies at that time
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

from Geneva, you should be looking at Chamonix or Argetierre as it should be full of Aussies at that time

Maybe he wants to get away from Aussies! Being told a resort would be full of Brits would not make me rush to go there, especially if I had just travelled to the other side of the world Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w,

Yeah, but they only have few days and the Aussies look after their own, it could save a bit of time trying to find out whats what.

Its isn't ski-in ski-out though and I'm not sure of the snow conditons but plenty of time yet if it stays cold
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys thanks for the feeback - I am leaning towards Flaine.

About to book my accodmodation and then cross fingers for snow Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy