Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

footbeds: the stuff they put on the bottom to level them out...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

i've now skied on in my Atomic M90s a few times and have been very impressed with the fit and overall comfort, but i am still getting a sore forefoot underneath the ball of the foot on the right hand (foot!) boot. this is the smaller of my two feet. I'm not sure whether this is down to the boot slightly pinching my forefoot or because of the footbeds. When i got my comformable Ski' N Blade footbeds, once they had been molded and set there was a bit of space underneath the footbeds when they were laid out on a flat surface. The guy in the store said that i needed to get the additional stuff for the bottom of the footbeds (which no-one had mentioned) at additional cost. i decided to see how i got on without it and that i'd return if i had any problems. I will be returning, but i'm not sure if this is because the footbed is sinking into the space below them, or because of pinching. anyone any experience of this? it would help if i had some more info before going to speak to them instore.

cheers Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, it is very possible that it is the footbed or it could be the boot beiong a a little narrow for your foot.

the footbed needs to be stabilizeds in some way or another, there are 2 or 3 products that are used to do this

1 stabiliser block, sticky black block which gives the heel a solid base but minimal support elsewhere
2 EVA stabilizer as above but red and a little more solid
3 DD block various coulours this is the stiffest of all the blocks that can be put under the footbed, differing materials offer different stiffeness .

whatevre one it is it must be correctly applied and carefully ground to be balanced

hope this helps a bit
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, Being as this is the smaller of your 2 feet, it would suggest that this foot is the stongest. Therfore the Achillies will be tighter so transfering more energy to the ball of that foot. See a bootfitter that understands the zetta angles of your boot and the anatomy of your lower leg. CEM is one such chap!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers for the info. sounds like i need to go back and get them to put the base on the footbed. the fitter did say at the time that he may have to grind a bit more off the outside edge of the footbed, but to see how i got on with them. SMALLZOOKEEPER, CEM may be very good at what he does, but he also lives in a place i've never heard of, never mind going to see him! Wherever it is, i think Edinburgh might be a bit too far away Very Happy

CEM, i'll post back here once it's done and i've skied a couple of times.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, CEM's Scottish. (but he lives with the sasenacks)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy