Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Or should that be Snowboard Sunday?

A welcome addition of snowboarding to the programme, I thought. I meant we got to watch lots more snow eating than normal.

It would have been better if the programme was longer. Was nobody else disappointed that there was no mention of Chemmy Alcott's recent efforts? Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All a bit disappointing really I thought, a very poor round-up of the skiing events held so far.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I enjoyed it, new and improved with the snowboard twist
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FenlandSkier, a1260 cab . . . a run down the Bird of Prey course . . . a double back, 180 out . . . if you're that jaded and can't be arséd to watch C4 too . . . subscribe to SKY+ and stop whinging. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wink acknowledged but this is the BBC's best effort for snow sports coverage? C4 is beating them hands down again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, one of the facts of an expanding range of snowsports is the realisation that the market is getting far to diverse too serve adequately with an hour or two a week. There's no doubt that the sight Master Miller et al will have some snowheads moistened all the way to their little cotton socks but there are many sofa surfers out there that just want to be entertained on a Sunday afternoon . . . and that's NOT gonna happen with 50 minutes of cold shrunken lycra lunchbox not falling bum over tit down a hill . . . so . . . we have the Ski Sunday Compromise . . . 20 min. of rad, 20 min. of big names and 10 min. of dicking around. It's not impressive but until some bright spark manages to get a BBC Digital Ski channel all to its own . . . we're screwed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone taking a video camera to Eosb? Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hopefully 'Ski Sunday' will not be interfering with darts coverage again this year.

I say that as somebody with the darts equivalent of the yips.

Our darts Christmas do is tomorrow. I'm still in two minds whether or not to pitch up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latchigo, hmmm. Finally a sport where my build matches the usual player's profiles is mentioned on here Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlatanefc, I took one last time. Unfortunately for some reason yet to be ascertained it didn't make it to the start of the race Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was worth watching Ski Sunday for that monster 250ft cliff-jump in Wyoming. He stacked the landing, but still outstanding.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very true.

The best Frank Spencer impression I've seen on skis. 255ft dive head-first into a pile of snow. Great veiwing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, what committment the BBC shows bringing us Wintersports coverage perhaps reflected in a regular time slot in the schedule? Very Happy

Quote:

Next week we are in Val Gardena............

at 12.15 Sunday afternoon! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chalky wrote:
Very true.

The best Frank Spencer impression I've seen on skis. 255ft dive head-first into a pile of snow. Great veiwing.

Amazing, I thought it was if the last 5 years of BASE jumping hadn't happened. Had the guy never realised why a shuttlecock flies pointy end at the front? I'm sure we will see him again.... but next time in the Darwin Awards!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitegold wrote:
... He stacked the landing...
That's one way of describing it !
latest report
Am I the only one that wishes he would throw himself off the cliff again, hopefully in summer !! Twisted Evil

perhaps he could do a tandem dive strapped to the BBC Sport production controller Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Well, I actually enjoyed it ..... but "Ski" Sunday??? Snowboading? An infomercicial about Vail resort? The mad Christian who thought God would protect him if he chucked himself off a cliff? No news about the World Cup results, especially Chemmy and Noel's efforts. Only one race. Where they showed (as usual), the 3 podium places, the plucky Brit who came nowhere, the Herminator (because he's famous) and the bloke who had the biggest fall. Thank goodness for Eurosport rolling eyes .
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, It's a pity channel four's coverage is on so early on a Sunday morning - is it repeated at any normal hour?
snow conditions
It's repeated whenever I want to watch it courtesy of my TiVo wink They do various shows on different disciplines during the week and a round-up one but I don't think they repeat them at all. C4 did have a trial of downloading programs from their website, that might be worth a try.
snow conditions
Indeed, my tivo catches all the C4 coverage too snowHead

the downhills are normally repeated in full later in the week, Wednesday i think ? Sunday normally has the highlighted version, but other than that, no repeats..

Mrs Johnboy, maybe a cheap freeview hard disk recorder for your xmas list ? Very Happy
snow report
I'd second that last line Nimbus_uk (welcome to snowHead BTW), you never realise how good a HD recorder and decent program guide is until you use one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy