Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation Near A Train Station In France - Short Break!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking for some accommodation for 2 from Friday 2nd Feb -> Monday 5th Feb.

I will consider anywhere near Moutiers or Bourg, so i guess we have:

-Tignes
-Val D'isere
-Les Arcs
-La Plagne
-La Rosiere
-Meribel
-Val Thorens
-Courchevel
-La Tania

...plus lots of smaller ones.

So far i have found a very nice looking (but quite pricey) place in Belle Plagne, a dodgy looking hostel in Meribel - which doesn't even have a bar
Shocked and is hardly cheaper than the place in Belle Plagne, and a couple of places in La Rosiere & Les Arcs 1600.

At the moment im tied between the place in Belle & Meribel, as they are both catered - do i save myself £50 and stay in Meribel (which says bring along your own drinks!?) or splash out. Decisions Puzzled snowHead snowHead

I have 3 ski trips planned this year - this + another short weekend & a week in Tignes...so i am trying to keep costs down Little Angel

Anyone have any ideas...i'm open to all suggestions Blush

Thanks,
Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hezza, you could try Briancon, sleeper form Paris Austerlitz, arrival 8.30. Loads of places in town, reasonable prices, and straight onto the gondola, you can even catch the ski bus from the station.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hezza, You could stay at the Parc Hotel in Briancon 10 minute walk from the station 5 minute walk from the prorel gondola details
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also the Auberge Mont Prorel right next to the gondola, with a great apres ski in the Rosbif bar.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crying or Very sad All these choices... Being new to skiing (twice last year, thats all) i am having to research from scratch - and when trying to plan 3 ski trips for me and various friends, it seems to have taken up most of my life recently.

All in the name of ski and snow though snowHead Cool Very Happy

Thanks pistemeister & Helen Beaumont ...i'll now not get much work done tommorow Mr. Green

£70.50 return Paris -> Briancon Cool snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hezza,

Our place is 300m from the train station in Bourg if you are interested in an apartment!

PM me if you are interested
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok....

I am now down to two choices ... Belle Plagne or the Infamous La Rosiere (although not sure why it is infamous, just heard it mentioned lots around here???!!!)

The trip to La Ros is going to be about £40 less for accomodation & ski passes (la plagne ski area only). Accomodation looks a similar standard (both alot nicer than originally planned!)

I know there is less in San Bernardo, even compared with La Plagne area only.... but what can i expect?

- We will want a few bars to visit
- Access to the slopes is important
- Quietness of the areas over that weekend???

Opinions please snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hezza,

La Ros is famous because it was VERY heavily touted by a former snowHead and has now become a standing joke. It is quieter than La Plagne with excellent skiing for most people, personally I would be very happy with either area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy