Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Best Resort That No-ones Ever Heard Off..

Poster: A snowHead
Nominations????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Rosiere...... Twisted Evil Seriously I hadn't heard of it until I discovered snowHeads.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Contamines. (I'm going to get some verbals for giving away that secret). wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Same goes for Montalbert. Have we shot ourselves in the foot?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val d'Isere...... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
La Vallée Rêveuse ...

wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Contamines..I have to agree, April '04 dumped 1metre of snow and then got sunburn playing in the fresh white stuff, empty slopes, forgot what the word queue meant, perplexed why Total Ski dropped it! Puzzled Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vars
Chamrousse
Alpe du Grand Serre
Notre Dame de Bellecombe and environs
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am hoping La Rosiere is all its cracked up to be. Will be there for Xmas. Very Happy Will let you know if its unheard of !!!! wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Contamines, and a few in the Maurienne valley that will stay nameless wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well that's three of us who've heard of Les Contamines! The best-known least-known resort?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Costa Del Castleford Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Filzmoos, Sportwelt Amade.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dammkar, Mittenwald.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stanshassen, Bildenheld
snow report
Well, hardly unknown but not high on the tour operator agendas - Meiringen, Morillon, (not so unknown anymore) Maurach ( only 'best' because I learnt to ski on a school trip here)
ski holidays
Gottinhimmel, Bratwurst
latest report
laundryman, Nein!!

Wurst joke in months!
snow report
laundryman, Very Happy Smile Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
boredsurfin, Same goes for Montalbert. Have we shot ourselves in the foot?

Yep, both barrels Laughing
snow conditions
Kleinwalsertal
ski holidays
Ipswich (dry ski slope).
snow report
I'm not telling!
ski holidays
Font Romeu. Not many English people have heard of it. Spent New Year there a couple of years ago. So unheard of that when it snows they close the gondala and you have to wait for hours for a coach to take you to the bottom of the chair lift.
snow conditions
I could think of plenty but here's one for the mix - Nakiska. Plenty of holidaying Brits when going to Banff miss this one but it does have a mix of perfectly pitched, perfectly groomed cruisers being basically CAD designed.

OK so the Winter Olympics were held there in 1988 so its hardly unknown but who can put there hands up as having heard of it.
ski holidays
Steinach
snow report
Feiberbrunn
latest report
Wherever it just dumped.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
angelaclark wrote:
Font Romeu. Not many English people have heard of it. Spent New Year there a couple of years ago. So unheard of that when it snows they close the gondala and you have to wait for hours for a coach to take you to the bottom of the chair lift.

I had a week there at PTT lodge as part of a twinning group when I worked in telecoms. Lots of snow cannons, but coach to get to the slopes from where we were.
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
I could think of plenty but here's one for the mix - Nakiska. Plenty of holidaying Brits when going to Banff miss this one but it does have a mix of perfectly pitched, perfectly groomed cruisers being basically CAD designed.

OK so the Winter Olympics were held there in 1988 so its hardly unknown but who can put there hands up as having heard of it.

We skied there on the last day of their season about 6 or 7 years ago. I wouldn't fly 6000 miles for it, but it was a pleasant day out, a couple of nice easy double blacks and a bit of water skiing at the bottom. The upper slopes did have some interesting bits, IIRC.
latest report
Been to Crest Voland twice. Cracking little resort.
ski holidays
Are, Sweden - again not unknown but not many brits go there. I loved the place.
You can add me to the list of Les Contamines appreciators - I went there last new year and really enjoyed the place.
snow conditions
Numberwang
snow conditions
Grand Bornand, no tour operators and always good snow record, despite its low altitude(1300/2100m)
snow report
Another vote for Les Contamines!
snow conditions
Ovronnaz

(Between Villars and Verbier, interesting little ski spot with which held loads of snow when it was very poor elsewhere), useful place to know!
snow report
I went to Ovronnaz for a day last April:- not bad at all, altho it is not huge the ski area is quite varied and should occupy you for a day or two. Not far away is Anzere, on the road to Crans-Montana. Similar feel to Ovronnaz, but the ski area is a bit bigger. You may want to check it out roberto.
snow report
Areche de Beaufort and les karellis (not sure if i have spelt either correctly)
snow conditions
richmond wrote:
fatbob wrote:

We skied there on the last day of their season about 6 or 7 years ago. I wouldn't fly 6000 miles for it, but it was a pleasant day out, a couple of nice easy double blacks and a bit of water skiing at the bottom. The upper slopes did have some interesting bits, IIRC.

Nor would I, in fact I decamped to Fortress after half a day but I thought it was nicely done for a certain "no surrises" family cruiser market.
ski holidays
fatbob, I meant to ask if you'd skiied Fortress. I believe it has a reputation as being quite tough.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy