Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GFS Charts show huge swing in the WRONG direction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Removed Embarassed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 10-12-06 20:10; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lisach, Looks good if it happens. As you say still in FI so anything can happen - need to keep the fingers crossed.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow what a difference 24hrs makes to these crazy GFS charts. This couldn't be more different or depressing to the charts from yeterday.

12° on Chrismas day? Sad

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn36017.png
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

This couldn't be more different or depressing to the charts from yeterday.

let's hope the next 24 hours brings as big a swing. It's too far off to start being pleased (like yesterday) or displeased (like today) about what the charts show for Christmas. All I want is my two front teeth.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
lisach, if you expect GFS to accurately forecast 2 weeks out then forget it, it's just not on.

The ensemble spread for Xmas Day is about 15 degrees at the moment and each is an equally likely outcome. The ensemble average (for Xmas) is just below the long term average, an FL for the French alps at about 1500m.

I wouldn't have any confidence in the charts after the 15th December at the moment. Further out than that it will swing this way and that for a while yet, keep calm wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks brian, the nerves are on edge though
ski holidays
 brian
brian
lisach, I'm hoping someone's hidden any nearby sharp objects long enough for you to get a look at the 18z. Pretty different by T+120, vastly different by T+168, on a completely different planet in FI (much better btw, but that's meaningless at this stage). wink

Looks like it will take a while to settle down ....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most forecasts I have seen today make pretty depressing reading. It is looking like a Green Christmas for many stations below about 1600m. Still plenty of time to change, though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy