Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There,

I am off to La Tania next week with my family. Does anyone knowabout getting back to La Tania after going up to Courcheval ? It doesn't seem that easy, I am just about ok on blue runs!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cherrub, welcome to snowHeads.

It's fairly straightforward, with a blue piste (Folyiere - sp?) and a new green piste that was constructed last year.

Just in case you haven't found it yet, this website might be useful http://www.latania.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The green/blue route is fine, we took first week beginners down it last year. The only caveat is if the weather is warm the bottom part of the blue gets heavy and lumpy, if you time it right after it's been pisted the blue is a lovely run, it has a few steeper sections in it.

Great place to get some big GS turns in!

regards,

greg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Does anyone knowabout getting back to La Tania after going up to Courcheval ? It doesn't seem that easy,

It cannot be any easier to get from Courchevel to La Tania, just follow the piste. As far as the severity, its green blue difficulty, but gets busy at the end of the day. You get far too many 'super hero's' on it, speeding down. Heads up, and you'll be OK. It does need snow on it though, and as with the rest of this region, there hasnt been much so far. Plenty of snow cannon coverage, but again it needs the appropriate weather, and that is comiing in the next few days.
Have fun, i'm there in mid Jan.
TTFN.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cherrub, la Tania is also well situated to dip down in to Meribel without difficulty. By the way you must go to Pub le ski its a top bar with excellant live bands good beer and pub food. When we went a few years ago we saw a covers band called Superfly who are now called the Feeling... heard of them ? We've been downing out on that for months
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you don't want to do the last bit back to La Tania you can get the telecabine down the last section. The free bus also runs between La Tania & all the different Courchevals (does get a bit busy at the ned of the day though). Where you staying in La Tania?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with blizt, about the telecabine - some of the more nervous skiers in our party found the blue a bit scary late in the day - ice and crowds. In all honesty I think it would be a red anywhere else on the 3V but was classsed as blue so as not to deter people from staying there.

Interesting about the new Green - will have to check that out
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd agree with Boris that the original folyeres 'blue' down to La Tania is a very red blue, particularly towards the bottom, and I wouldn't advise it for beginners.

I stayed at La Tania for my first week's skiing and used the telecabine to get back every day apart from the last day - and I still remember skiing folyeres on the last day: it was very hair-raising to try and avoid loads of other returning skiers on quite a steep and churned up slope when I felt I was just mastering basic turning!

However, the telecabine is quick and easy with very little queues to return so you shouldn't have any problem there.
I have never tried the new green, though - that should be useful.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The new green is distinctly blu-ish, or it was last year anyway. It also crosses the red at one point. Rumour has it they are "improving" it for this season.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Three Valleys tip : At lunchtime when everybody is tucking into their spag bol or has whizzed off on a big 3V excursion the 'home runs' down to smaller places like La Tania, St Martin de Belleville and Le Praz are often really quiet and a lot of fun if the snow is good. I have never skied the blue run down to La Tania but last year in mid March the two (?) reds that go down there were absolutely superb between about noon and two o clock, and no queues at the bottom so straight up the lift and have another go.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Trenmold, Good advice. The low places also have good places to snack at lunchtime. Alaister took our group to a great little pancake place down at La Praz last Feb. It is surprising how low down the snow stays good too.

snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've stayed in La tania a number of times and I always recommend less confident skiers get the bubble down at the end of the day having seen too many accidents on it at the end of the day (combination of icy piste, tired sliders and speeding experts).
However, that blue is a fantastic run to do at the start of the day. I've often got the first bubble up and then straight lined the empty and very well pisted piste back to the bubble while waiting for my group to complete the neccessary first thing in the morning faffing rituals.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ashton parker wrote:
...the neccessary first thing in the morning faffing rituals.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ahhh, but it wouldn't be a ski holiday without them! snowHead

Now, where's that hat...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worth saying but if you can get organised, you can save a good 15 mins by getting to the lift early before the queues build up - it is the only lift out of La Tania and can be busy first thing when all the ski schools are getting on
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy