Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pa! to all those doom merchants

Poster: A snowHead
Winter appears to have started at long last!! A fair amount of snow and low enough temps this coming week to get those snow cannons on. I feel I can now look forward to my trip to Peisey/Vallandry this christmas rather than fret about it. I'm going to celebrate by taking the family today to castleford xscape to get some practice in NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rowley B QC, One fall does not a winter make Twisted Evil .......but its a start Very Happy . Our lot finish school on the 15th and we are of to Cas a.m. on 19th
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, 15th !!! Shocked I won't mention that to ours, who finish on 22nd!!!! Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, I think they go back on Christmas Eve Toofy Grin . No they are back on the 2nd. I would prefer if they broke up on the 21st and had the week after new year off (obviously) Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well i'm offto celebrate by a 3/4 hour cycle ride (at the gym) followed by kicker session at la grotte and session up the lauteret. gonna get the little one on her board too.

thank god its started
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh and ours finish on the 23rd and dont go back till the 8th!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to see that everybody are more cheerful, this forum was getting a bit depressing!! like Frosty the Snowman, ours go back on the 2nd but being irresponsible parents we will taking them out during term time in march.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rowley B QC, it's great to see the snow which fell this week, but I don't think that we should let our joy get too unbridled. Snow depths, especially on lower slopes, aren't great, with no significant snow forecast after this weekend for 10 days or so. There will be skiing at Christmas, but conditions won't be too good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rowley B QC, I'm now doing my (thanks for the) Snow dance, in the hope that we get more! Very Happy

Val is looking very nice this morning, still waiting for the Tignes cams to update from yesterday......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, But if the temps stay down, isn't it likely that they'll run the cannons so the cannon equipped pistes should be ok?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AxsMan wrote:
rob@rar, But if the temps stay down, isn't it likely that they'll run the cannons so the cannon equipped pistes should be ok?

Yup, cannons are running right now. Things should be OK, but there won't be much of a snow base, the large number of skiers at Christmas will put a lot of pressure on key pistes, snow will get scraped and icy, stones will poke through, etc. The Christmas card-like appearance of the snowcams today shouldn't disguise the fact that conditions are less than ideal.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rowley B QC, glad to see some parents not letting the government dictate when you can and cant go on holiday! Just out of interest are the school fining you?
I personally would do just the same and pay the fine, as it would still work out cheaper!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, Point taken, but (staying positive) it's looking a lot better than it did 3 days ago, and the forecast rise in temps seems to have abated so at least there will be an inch or two of the white stuff to ski on over Christmas! Very Happy

10 days to go ........
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes cams like to work up the suspense don't they!!! Neutral
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., at a guess I would suggest that the independent schools finish on the 15th rather than a week later.
snow report
Kaiser, yes my fingernails are getting shorter by the minute.....
snow report
lisach, Our kids are at state schools and we often have strange dates. Last year they went back for a day in the 1st week after xmas rolling eyes
snow report
My son goes to a normal state primary and finishes on the 15th.......and I'm delighted as it means we can squeeze an early week skiing without incurring the wrath of my headteacher - though she has been very understanding about the week in March! Very Happy I wonder if her generosity would stretch to the EOSB hmmmm.........and would he be welcome anyway Puzzled
ski holidays
snowangel., no our kids are at a great village primary school, as long as we dont take the micky the heads quite tolerant. Wisely she thinks the experience of trips oversees is beneficial to our offspring. We take the kids out of school on average once a year and it hasnt done our two any harm, they both are progressing nicely.

rob@rar, you are quite right we shouldnt get carried away, but La Plagne website said they had 45cms over the last 24hrs at resort level which is better than a kick in the teeth
snow conditions
You are still allowed to take your children out of school WITH PERMISSION. It is only if you don't ask for this, or it isn;t granted, that you are fined. Mine are on holiday from Fri 22nd until Tues Jan 9th.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy