Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
Well, what's happening? (No sarcasam please)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.larosiere.net/?rub_id=32
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bh1,

Cheers snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, Mr & Mrs johnboy,i ws there a couple of years ago,if you need any info just PM me.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
coolhandluke,

Are you anything to Redhandluke off "Give my head Peace"??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, Off to La Ros on 6th January so will post an update on my return
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hunsbury,

Cool, we will arrive there on the 14th. Don't use all the snow up!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Johnboy you must know my uncle then , "Andy" wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
coolhandluke,

Missed the show last night, but it is very funny. I am from Coleraine by the way.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm in Newtownards , am heading to Nassfeld in Austria on the 20th of January.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
coolhandluke,

Do you usually book through a tour op? Theis time we are Easyjetting to Geneva and found a Chalet in La Ros which belongs to a fellow Snowhead.

There doesn't seem to be the same amount of great deal from Belfast as there are from the Mainland Airports
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For the past few years we have been using an independant agent and he has come up with a few reasonable deals out of Belfast with Crystal Holidays.
Have thought about the Easyjet option to Geneva so will be interested to see how it works out for you.
Did you book your flights etc some months back?
Over here we just have to accept the fact that we just dont have the same ammount of flights that the mainland does thus reducing the offers.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy wrote:
Hunsbury,

Cool, we will arrive there on the 14th. Don't use all the snow up!!!

There's not too much to use up at the moment. Still lots of time for it to dump.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
coolhandluke,

Booked the flights when they came out in the summer. Think they were about £45.00 each snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone actually got an up to date snow report for La Ros? The website is not exactly a rapid updater! Still only reporting from end of November. I have seen the webcam, heard every other resort's snow depth from the fall on Fri/Sat, but the sum total of nothing from La Ros. Any good news please?!? Confused
ski holidays
Hi All!

This is my first post... be gentle with me..!! I, too, would love some updated info on La Ros if anyone has any? I am off there on Sat (16th) and like pitchski, have been watching the webcam with ever reducing fingernails and can't find any current info on snow depths etc. Its difficult to tell from the cams whether the cannons are even operating! Also, having never been out there early season before, would appreciate any info anyone has on how many runs are likely to open (guesswork to a certain extent, I know) - my fingernails would appreciate any info at all! Very Happy

(If its relevant, I'm a fairly low intermediate skier and the only off-piste I do is accidental.. and usually very short lived!) Embarassed
latest report
La Plagne is vaguely in the same area and has wonderfull snow conditions.
Details with photo's and video
click here.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 11-12-06 19:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Charli939, can't help with your question, but thought I'd say welcome to snowHeads anyway snowHead is it your first time there?
snow report
boredsurfin, Thanks for that - great site! If its as good as that in La Ros, I'll be a happy little bunny!

Ray Zorro, Thank you! Smile Discovered snowHead a couple weeks ago and have been reading and learning loads! Thought I'd take the plunge and ask a question..!!
snow report
Ray Zorro, Oops.. didn't read that properly - no my second time in La Rosiere - went there last March and loved it. I'm not sure how different its going to be in early season. Conditions were great last time, I'm guessing it'll be a little more limited this early on.
snow conditions
Charli939, that is how I started here 8274 posts ago Laughing

There is a webcam here http://www.trinum.com/ibox/rosiere/webcam/ it looks good at the moment Very Happy .
latest report
Ray Zorro,

Looking good snowHead
snow conditions
This link gives a report on what is happening at the moment, but shows all is now closed

http://www.lathuile.net/winter/meteo/skiplan_lr.asp

it would be worth checking in the morning as it might be a real time thing.

johnboy, is this your next trip?
ski holidays
Is there anyone in La Ros with a ruler who can run out and give a snow depth, or at least give the local tourist office a kick up the bottom and put something new on their website!

Ta rolling eyes
ski holidays
pitchski, I do hope that those two sentences don't get mixed up in the translation....!
ski holidays
Found one! Its not great but at least its up to date!

http://www.skiinfo.com/destinations/snowreport_detail.jsp?product.skiinfo.DESTID=EITLATHUILE
snow conditions
Ray Zorro,

Yes, heading out 13.1.07
snow report
johnboy,

Please update us when you get there if you can, we're heading out on 24th. The LaThuile report doesn't sound too bad, but the webcam looks like really thin cover... ah the early season worries..!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone familiar with La Rosiere know what height this webcam's at?

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/rosiere/webcam/
ski holidays
AlexF, About 25 ft Toofy Grin

It is at the "front de niege" and is at 1850m
EDIT Apart from 4 lower runs (which unfortunately are the best in resort IMHO) all the skiing is higher than this altitude
snow report
AlexF wrote:
johnboy,

Please update us when you get there if you can, we're heading out on 24th. The LaThuile report doesn't sound too bad, but the webcam looks like really thin cover... ah the early season worries..!

I'm back from La Rosiere on the 14 Jan and will provide an update soon after.
latest report
50% of lifts running this morning and about 40% of the slopes. link to Italy OUVERT Very Happy Not too bad considering Little Angel
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

Excellent, 29 sleeps to go snowHead
latest report
There are people skiing on the webcam Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, No wonder the picture is dodgy Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:
Yes, heading out 13.1.07

haha my mistake I misread that as 13th December (thought it was a bit early!) - we're out on 24th Dec, so I'll get a note on here about the conditions when we get back at the beginning of Jan
ski holidays
Website reports are up now and peeps can be seen on the webcam through the fog!

http://www.ski.larosiere.net/articles.php?id=3&lang_id=2
snow report
Has anyone got any piccys from the area around Les Eucherts? I am heading out on Sat and staying in the brand new Ski Beat Chalet over there. Ta
snow report
pitchski, Here is a picture from a fortnight ago from mysnowsports.com No snow, but gives you some idea of the new developements
snow report
Thanks Frosty. I hope any newer piccys have a bit more snow!! Oh well I'll find out for real in five days. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. (I know a song about that!) Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy