Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort/Hotel for Seminar?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to persuade my boss to hold our team meeting in Feb at a European ski resort, can anyone recommend an area with a hotel suitable for 20 people, would therefore need a decent sized conference rooms.

Other musts:

Close to international airport, will have people from Brazil, US and possibly Oz flying in, so will want shortish transfers by taxi.
Needs internet access
Needs to be reasonably priced and finally,
have plenty for non skiers to do.

Cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well to hit your international market, surely the obvious place to look for an airport is geneva...and then there's the obvious resorts near there.

I know that medics and lawyers tend to be the ones that have conferences in ski reorts, unfortunately our budget doesn't stretch that far. A quick google on "corporate skiing" throws up a number of links but I don't have any experience of one being better than the other - so hopefully you'll get a recommendation from another snowhead.

you should perhaps read this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downhill-Slide-Corporate-Industry-Environment/dp/1578051029?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, you're not asking for much then! I'm assuming this will be mid week? Forget February if you want that many rooms over a week-end. Davos might be a good bet as there's tons of beds and they're used to conferences. Garmisch is another that might fit the bill. What do you mean by "reasonably priced" - I've never found conference + skiing = reasonable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wink yes it will be midweek,

I've no idea how much these things cost in Europe, in the UK "reasonable" for a conference package of D, B&B inc conf hire for 20 odd people would be £120ish pppn

Regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Davos is the classic conference resort

However, if you are serious about a 'shortish transfer by taxi' then I would say Innsbruck.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try this:
www.hotel-champery.ch/HS-Conference.shtml
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
I've no idea how much these things cost in Europe, in the UK "reasonable" for a conference package of D, B&B inc conf hire for 20 odd people would be £120ish pppn

This is of no help to you, but where do you go in UK? We have a n annual meeting for 15 odd (some very odd) people, and it costs vastly more than that, probably 3 or 4 times.

Good luck with the conference on the piste; I'll be interested to see what comes up, as I might try it on!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we did one at the Hilton Milton Keynes that was about that cost, wasn't the best hotel in the world though!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, How clever of you. What excellent upwards management wink

Geneva, IIRC, is not optimal as most intercontinental flights route through Zurich Sad

The Eiger and the Palace in Muerren might suit but you have a longer transfer than the suggestions that follow.

If you do Geneva, the Albert 1er in Chamonix seems rather smart. On a lesser budget in Chamonix, the Best Western Morgane may have conference facilities but benefits from the excellent "Le Bistrot" restaurant downstairs.

In Morzine I would imagine that the Dahu, Petit Dru and Les Airelles would all cater to your needs.

If you flew to Munich then the Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt is lovely. Allegedly Schumi had his wedding reception there. I was at a small conference a couple of summers ago and it was tip top.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I once went to a conference in Flims / Laax - which, if memory serves, is about an hour and a half by train from Zurich. The conference room had a panoramic window overlooking the slopes. It's amazing the effect that this had on "managing" the length of presentations snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski,
If you are trying for mid Feb I would look for a resort with a large weekend trade as other places may be pricey and already booking up. If your hoping to have the seminar part of the day and skiing the rest of the day you need a hotel reasonalby close to the slopes which agian may book up. If you are going to have the seminar during the day and hope to get a weekends skiing at either end you may find more reasonable priced accommodation a bit further from the ski slopes. I would agree with David Murdoch, that for intercontinental flights Zurich is the best bet by quite a way.

I have never been to Engleberg or Interlaken but the former is I believe non skier friendly and has a weekend trade and the latter would be OK for access to the slopes at either end of the conference.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy