Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

panic panic help!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all
have got flights booked 27th -31st dec. friends all skiing in obertauren ive just tried to find rooms and everyone is booked up!!!
so what are the chances if i wait for a cancelation or just turn up at the resort.
Or should i just forget it and next time book rooms before flights?? Puzzled Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tgd, I've never been to obertauren but I'm sure you'll find somewhere unless it's a very small place!

I'd advise turing up and I'm sure you can crash on a couch if necessary!

We always book flights first and then worry about accom later..........
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tgd, I don't wish to sound like a doom-monger, but it took me a while to get a week at Easter, so getting a 4 night break in the busiest period in one of the few resorts with guaranteed snow when there has been such a lack of snow generally is not going to be easy.

There is a chance that hotels are holding out in case they can get a full week and are relectant to let a room for a shorter period and so if that is the case you may get more luck nearer the time, but that has its own dangers.

Have you tried all the accommodation on the website?

How about staying outside of the village and travelling in daily?

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tgd, is there a tourist office there ? Try contacting them and see if they can find you anywhere, if not chances are that it's completely booked up
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
generally last minute booking of accommodation might be OK, but this is New Year, one of the very busiest weeks, and Obertauen, being quite high, might have some of the better snow, so be even busier than usual. Plus, you are looking for accommodation outside the usual Sat/Sat or Sun/Sun windows. If you want to be certain, it might be better to book somewhere bigger, and further from the action, and drive back and forth. Or gate crash your friends' accommodation. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maybe all is not lost have contacted tourist info.also considering gate crasher option Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crimbo is the busiest time of the year, and Obertauen has above-average snow cover. The resort will be rammed. You will end up on your mates' floor(s). Or look for a village a few miles down the valley.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tgd, Sleep on the floor and next time think ahead.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it is like St Anton the hotels say they are full if you ask about a short period rather than the full week. Phone the tourist office rather than e mailing - and ask them. In a similar situation St Anton Tourist office said I should contact them about 3 days before I was going. I got in.

PS Liked the thread title - it got my first click.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tgd, Last year we did the same thing in Val D'Isere, no-one would let us have anything until we arrived and then we had the choice of 5 appts Puzzled Was a bit concerned as it was minus 18 and we had our 2 kids with us, but it worked out. We went to an estate agent type place rather than tourist info and that was fine. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A similar experience here, I lived in Northern Switzerland for a year and would travel south and turn up at a different ski resort every weekend and have no difficulty finding accomodation (albeit we couldnt be too choosy!). Used to use tourist info or many resorts had a notice board with all the hotels with rooms available with telephone numbers or a free phone you could use to get straight through to the hotels.

Take a risk and go I say, even if you cant get a room in 5 years time you'll look back on it as an adventure one way or another Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do you have a hire car - in which case the Alps are your Oyster - you don't have to stay in a resort and often there are other places within 20 mins drive with plenty of accomodation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the panic is now turning to excitement!! not long to go and my options are improving, mates floor, all night apres,hire car(sleep in it) cow shed always plenty of them plus would be warm Mad downside could be smelly.ooh its turning in to an adventure
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tgd wrote:
...cow shed ...

Do you have a pregnant mrs? You could re-enact the Nativity! (Don't bother with the myrrh).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tgd, Have you tried Radstadt which is in the valley below Obertauerm or alternatively Untertauern or Tweng which are closer though probably covered by the Obertauern tourist Office. You might try PM ing flangesax, who lives in Radstadt.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy