Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meteoblue and Friday

brian
brian
I've seen a few people, metalhead132, stanton etc. referencing meteoblue recently and had some time to check it out last night.

Superb Very Happy These guys are running NMM (Nonhydrostatic Mesoscale Model) and putting the results up free for you and for me.

Proper short range precipitation forecasts, none of your GFS, look at that blob and do a bit of finger waving stuff !

metcheck, snow-forecast, Michael Fish, your boys will take a hell of a beating ....

Anyway, enough of my prattling, a picture is worth a thousand words, snowfall between 3am today and midnight Saturday:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, that looks exciting, I've been to this site a few times in the last few days, although no weather expert it looks pretty detailed compared to other sites you mentioned.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, wow snowHead snowHead snowHead

Great news on the snow and a site that is easy enough for even me to understand.

Thanks for putting it up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks brian, that's now added to the favourites on my machine!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's worth noting their disclaimer, but also pointing out that I have known its forecasts to be accurate at times (I've not used it extensively enough to get a feel for a percentage - I keep forgetting it's there).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Thanks brian - Great site - well worth taking five minutes to play with. looking good for the weekend!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, ta....... as an increasingly more avid/obsessed weather and web cam watcher ( fretting as I'm flying out in 2 weeks time) its added to my favourites and will no doubt be checked on every day together with the others... I should chill out more !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very cool thanksbrian, Cool
snow report
 brian
brian
Actually I think might have to go back to the snow-forecast blobs Confused

Seeing how the Anniviers is stuck in the rain shadow of Mont Blanc, Grand Combin, Dent Blanche etc. etc. in a Westerly as forecast for Friday is giving me the anti-climax before it happens Sad Maybe ignorance was bliss after all rolling eyes

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm liking the Isola dumpage Hope the temps drop Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 brian
brian
I was expecting an anti-climax, but this is really taking the piss ..... Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's wrong brian?...

That is just showing the precipitation per hour at 16:50 on the 8th.

The above graphs are 3 days worth of snow

Looks ok to me snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Hezza, Grimentz is in the dry as a bone, rain shadowed grey area right in the middle.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh Crying or Very sad

Is that your apartment in your signature? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 brian
brian
Hezza, yep.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
wierd that, it does seem to be the case that both areas of precip just funnel round it? Is that normal Brian when the wind blows in a certain direction...?
latest report
Thanks brian, I had always relied on www.meteo.fr up until now, this site is much better (and now added to favourites).
latest report
brian, there is always a brighter side to everything, you just aren't looking hard enough in this instance...

No need to put on snow chains.
No need to wear waterproofs.
You will have the slopes to yourselves, you can walk wherever you like without nasty skiers getting in your way.

There, I bet you are feeling better now Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
skinutter, not really sure, tbh, I'm kind of guessing, there is a great big chain of 4000m+ mountains stretching along that bit of the Swiss border though, from Mont Blanc to Monte Rosa, so precip from the S or W will struggle to get there I think.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Ray Zorro, the bright side is getting the furniture up the road next Friday. Maybe the heavens will open snowily after that ....

ski holidays
brian, well, I don't know if it is good news or bad, but looking at your webcam on Skibod's webcam thread, there is a serious amount of snow on the ground right now - it looks great Very Happy .

Maybe this meteoblue weather forecasting system isn't as accurate as it first appeared Confused
latest report
 brian
brian
Ray Zorro, good, good, good Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm quite impressed with the accuracy though, Grimentz looks to have caught about 20cm or so at village level, 1600m, which is about what they forecast.

Saas Fee are reporting 54cm at 1800m today snowHead
snow conditions
MeteoBlue was also very accurate for the Tarentaise over the last few days. I'll look at it more often in the future Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back to moderate snowfall here in Les Arcs - exactly as Meteoblue forecast. They seem spot on for their three day forecast. Auseful tool for the rest of the season if they continue to be as accurate.
ski holidays
I still haven't figured out how all these weather charts work. So, whenever I see lots of dark blue and purple colours on the Meteoblue Alpine chart I get excited thinking that it means very cold and snowfall. Am I correct? If so, it looks as though the alps could get a good amount of snowfall from tomorrow until about Tuesday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, any views?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy