Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easiest resorts to get to from Geneva airport for weekend ski in Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
TimDog wrote:
pam w wrote:
TimDog, you should try http://www.suppleworx.co.uk/

Martin Jefferies is brilliant - if you can get up to London for a couple of sessions before you go he'll ease up those joints and muscles. He's helped several very stiff members of our family. I'm driving down on 30 December, so you'll be long gone! Let's hope it's so cold and snowy that it takes us extra time to get up there.

Thanks, I'll try him if I get time (flying out to Boston on 16th, back on 21st, family Christmas between then and 28th) but I will try and get to him.

And I'd much rather arrive late with snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond wrote:
snowball, it's 4 hours GVA to Zermatt and 3+ hours GVA to Verbier; Swiss trains are pretty reliable, but they ain't quick. Maybe a bit long for a weekender, depending on flight and train times.
Train to Verbier: 2 hours and 12 minutes - I just booked.
But you are right about Zermatt, I checked. It's too far.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buzz55, I would choose Switzerland over France at that time of the year. Place will be full and they wont be interested in loosing 2 weeks accomodation for a 3/4 night stay.

Zermatt have a good range of hotels and a fantastic mountain view, but the down side is that you will be commuting to the slopes in overpacked buses and taxis and doing the same in the cable car. Once however you are up the mountain it is a different matter.

Sometimes it is not always cheaper to get a flight and then look for accomodation. A friend is having difficulty with place to a stay in St Anton for a Thursday - Monday trip, and this is in January.

Good luck and let us know what are the options.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball wrote:
Train to Verbier: 2 hours and 12 minutes

That's pretty impressive. Things have obviously speeded up!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy