Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh FFS... Ski Club email...

Poster: A snowHead
Just arrived:
Quote:
Hurrah! The snow's arrived in Europe today! It's been a long time coming, but it seems to have hit in force, and the good news is that there's even more forecast for the weekend.

"hit in force"? Shocked Yeah, that 6cm Val Thorens had will have the pisteurs out with the avalanche cannons and no mistake... There will, no doubt, be people going out to the Alps in the next week or so that will now believe the conditions are going to be great because of that email. It's bloody irresponsible sending something like that out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That email does seem to be stretching the truth somewhat rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
how about this one.....

Dumping it down
Temperatures have dropped throughout the morning, now under 2 degrees and still falling. Snowing like mad at the moment and due to carry on well until this evening.Forecast looking very good with lots more heavy snowfalls down to the valley floor on and off until late Saturday.The first day at Courchevel on Saturday could be a classic one, at this rate we will be skiing back to La Tania which we normally do when Courchevel opens.
Report issued by Nick Nickski on Wednesday 06 December 2006 at 13:35

check the cam...they taking about the same place???
http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/index.html Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skinutter, hahahaha... nice one. It's sad and funny at the same time... Apologies to anyone heading that way soon, but jeez...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i think it's a measure of the concern as usually the La Tania forecast says it as it sees it but not that one LOL fairly well count the flakes that have yet to melt
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
That email does seem to be stretching the truth somewhat rolling eyes

Maybe they stole, sorry, borrowed, sorry, um read it on JWAZ, ...where facts have never got in the way of a good 13ft dump...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK then who's going to write the snowReport how it really is?
No exageration, good or bad - straight up!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:

I'm flying out tomorrow, heading for Tignes. Snow report will be posted on Friday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rob@rar

Good luck and good skiing, don't use it all up please snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So there's no ski industry pressure or influence in those reports then?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
<div class="announcebox">OK then who's going to write the snowReport how it really is?
No exageration, good or bad - straight up!</div>

Better not, lest I get lynched for gloating. Little Angel
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It could be that PR types just get in the habit of writing such nonsense.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer wrote:
admin wrote:

Better not, lest I get lynched for gloating. Little Angel

Gloat away, although in a nice way please Smile Hope you have a great trip across the pond, and don't suffer too bad from jetlag (which I find a real killer when travelling East).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, yeah the jetlag is going to be the killer. Still it's a price I'm prepared to pay. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather over here, although I do feel that it's going to take quite a few days of sustained heavy snowfall to significantly change conditions. Mind you, there are usually plenty of other attractive passtimes in a ski resort at the beginning of the season.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great skiing on the Glacier in Tignes.30cm new snow today.
rain in village this morning, turned to snow after lunch.
Run down to Val Claret ok.
hopefully more runs will open at the weekend.

Not sure how people are going to ski down to La Tania unless they have grass skis.
Blush
latest report
 brian
brian
stewart woodward, welcome to snowHead s.

If only every new poster had a foot of fresh to report wink Laughing
snow report
Welcome to snowHeads stewart woodward snowHead

Nice 1st post!
snow report
stewart woodward, welcome - so cathy finally forced you to come out then Laughing
snow conditions
Kramer wrote:
So there's no ski industry pressure or influence in those reports then?

Absolutely nothing to do with the holidays they were flogging at the bottom of their e-mail wink
snow conditions
Rainy start in ADH today but quickly turned to snow and has been snowing quite heavily ever since. I don't think that the 'Hurrah' is misplaced - I was certainly rather excited to see things finally turning white! I would estimate that there has been more than 6cm so far and it's not stopped yet......nice to hear something positive aside from all the recent doom and gloom about the late start to the season! snowHead
latest report
stewart woodward, from Evo2? Welcome to snowHeads! Glad to hear about the new snow - I'm heading to Tignes tomorrow for a long weekend.
snow report
Lots of pressure this morning to 'come out'
Looking forward to Cathy's mail tonight. We skied powder all morning on Rosolin and Champagny slopes. I bet her legs are aching tonight !!!!
Planning on the bumps on 3500 and leisse tomorrow morning so she'd better go to bed early tonight.

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
stewart woodward, from Evo2? Welcome to snowHeads! Glad to hear about the new snow - I'm heading to Tignes tomorrow for a long weekend.

Now with ESF Tignes Le Lac
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Now with ESF Tignes Le Lac

OK. I was on the Snoworks course the week before last (in Rupert's group) so I thought I recognised the name.
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
rob@rar, yeah the jetlag is going to be the killer.

I travel a fair bit, and either I'm lucky or I don't suffer that badly. Some things I do:

Take a litre bottle of water with me (not sure you can do that anymore??)
Sleep when I can, lots of catnaps. I have Bose noise cancelling headphones which really elimante the drone, I'll also use the eye masks etc to eliminate any light.
Stay up as long as I can when I get there, til 9 or 10pm local time, normally means I get a decent nights kip.
If I wake up, try not to switch the light on if going to toilet etc, then back to bed.

I'm sure you'll be fine, especially when skiing as you have to concentrate, so can't think about it! In fact, your a doc aren't you? Some colleagues I know who travel take some tablet which is meant to help your body adjust, can't remember the name though I'm afraid!

Regards,

Greg
latest report
Sleep is for the weak NehNeh
snow conditions
...melatonin is for the strong.

(but not legally available in the UK)
latest report
off tomorrow to Mottaret for 10 days, and cant wait, hearing good things about snow in VT
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stunning morning here in Tignes.
Not a cloud in the sky, petty cold in the village,lots of new snow.

Heading for the powder!!

Check out the web cams : rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
...melatonin is for the strong.

(but not legally available in the UK)

That's the stuff, seems readily available in the US of A
snow report
er Carled, Skinutter Sad etc......

Stay at home then.

and the locals have already hiked up and skied down....
snow report
NOW its snowing....and settling and looking slightly more promising than it did when they were posted.....as for the detail in the reports....pure spin Twisted Evil I'm sure if i wasn't 700miles away I'd be out in it now myself NehNeh
snow conditions
Quote:

Stay at home then

Well yes, kkev, unless you were to go to one of the handful of resorts which have lifts open, or are prepared for a long, hard, hike. Most resort webcams have been showing grass. The upbeat report scarcely reflected the real situation
ski holidays
Pure Spin? It was dumping it down when written and forecast was spot on. Ok they put opening back a day but already they're skiing back to La Tania for those who hike up. BELIEVE

La Tania all white at the moment - only a covering but lots more high up. Snow forecast for Friday night - probably rain first. Temps may be higher next week but some decent skiing should be available over at 1850. Courchevel have announced they will open on SUNDAY (not Saturday) with Saulire, Verdons, Biollay and of course Chenus for access to the run down to La Tania (for those that will, and trust me, they will). All info subject to change of course and no news from the Méribel side yet but would expect decent skiing down to the mid-station on that side. Current view at 3pm Friday is you'll definately need rock hoppers to get back to La Tania but probably good to top of gondola or maybe even lower here at the minute. If we get as predicted Friday night though it might well be possible. It really did snow heavily yesterday but the ground still too warm so most melted quickly still thin cover down here and under 2 degrees at the minute we need those cannons on. Let it Snow.... Toffa & Nick Ski

Dumping it down
Temperatures have dropped throughout the morning, now under 2 degrees and still falling. Snowing like mad at the moment and due to carry on well until this evening.Forecast looking very good with lots more heavy snowfalls down to the valley floor on and off until late Saturday.The first day at Courchevel on Saturday could be a classic one, at this rate we will be skiing back to La Tania which we normally do when Courchevel opens.
snow report
kkev, I'm in Les Arcs at the moment, and while it's nice to see it snow (about 10cm over the last few hours), there's not much depth anywhere except for the highest altitudes. There is some skiing available, but it's difficult to see how conditions will be anything other than very poor when the Christmas masses arrive in resort. That's no reason to get despondent about things as there will be skiing to be had for the holiday season, but equally I don't think this week's snow gives cause for wild celebrations either.
latest report
Agree with you Rob - just fed up with the doom merchants. Not wild celebrations, just feeling a bit giddy with all that white stuff...
ski holidays
kkev wrote:
Not wild celebrations, just feeling a bit giddy with all that white stuff...

It's always nice to see Smile
ski holidays
kkev, doom merchants?? No realistic given the current GFS FI charts for the coming three weeks. Have you not seen them? Why mislead people (ala SCGB) when people pay so much money for a holiday and will end up disappointed. It could all change but at present nothing is going to last for long.
latest report
ok - sorry. 3 Weeks of disappointment then...... GFS and all that. It really does look like snow out there, honestly.
ski holidays
admin wrote:

Snow report as it is !! No Bull

30cm of new snow here in Tignes village this morning and still snowing.
Snowed all day yesterday on the glacier with excellent skiing although some runs were closed due to high winds.

It is expected that additional pistes will be opened during the day.

If you want great guaranteed skiing come to Tignes Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy