Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Courchevel 1850 ? Got a good deal and might book tomorrow.

We will be snowboarding, my girlfriend will need a couple of lessons, is it good for beginners ?

Staying at Residence Sno ? Has anyone heard about it or stayed there ?

£309 each self catering, not bad ? Sounds good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Chris.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
C1850 is great for beginners, with lots of gentle terrain and plenty of easy stuff to progress onto. The resort also has a good reputation for snow management if conditions aren't so good. It's my favourite part of the Trois Vallees.

Residence Sno is, I think, situated near the entrance to the resort. I've not stayed there, but if I'm thinking of the right place it's a fairly short walk to the nearest piste, and just a little bit further to the centre of the village and the nearest ski lift.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info, the apartments are near the entrance to the resort, are the bars and restaurants not too far away ? Not keen on walking miles when i've had a few late at night !
Mmmmmmm we might book up.

Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wallas, agree with rob@rar's comments. There are plenty of greens above 1850 that would be ideal for beginners.

I'd recommend getting over to the slopes above 1650 as well as they are great for working on your technique.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wallas wrote:
Thanks for the info, the apartments are near the entrance to the resort, are the bars and restaurants not too far away ? Not keen on walking miles when i've had a few late at night !

Thanks again.

Plenty of places just a short walk away. Several restaurants and a couple of bars within 150m, the centre of C1850 is less than a 5 minute stroll. It's a pretty good location (if I'm thinking of the right place).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My kids have learnt to ski off the magic carpets around 1850, some lovely wide greens and blues as you progress, so great for beginners IMHO.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to Courchevel in April this year on my first ski trip. In my opinion, it was great for me as a beginner (I had a few lessons at Milton Keynes before going).

As for lessons, I used the Supreme Ski School (http://www.supremeski.com/) and found them really good (for skiing at least, not sure about snowboarding) and would definatly use them again!. One of the others in the group who was a relative beginner to snowboarding used RTM (http://www.rtmsnowboarding.com) and likewise had a really good experience of that.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonnyboy93, Welcome to snowheads.

Courchevel is one of the best places for piste skiing on the planet. You are at the heart of the Trois Vallees linked region which is thought by many (me included) to be the best lift-served skiing you can get. 600km of good pistes of all standards await you. Enjoy, but be aware that most other places will seem a let-down by comparison.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, like it there, do you?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Bish, don't suppose you stayed in La Tania last April with FFS did you????
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We do 3V at February half-term and have done for the past 3 years. We have the use of a flat at Mottaret.

Yes, I like it very much and will like it even more in 67 days and 14 hours' time. Not that I am counting at all.

I am a very ordinary skier and just love the options you get in the 3V. You can scare yourself or cruise through trees all day. Love it. There are still places I haven't seen there, and plenty I have never skied, being a bit of a blue cruiser to be honest.

kitenski, Who or what is FFS? I have been down to La Tania as we adore the Folyeres run. My idea of heaven that.

snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FFS= http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/

I'm sure there was a lady with a similiar name to yours staying in the same chalet as my family in the last week of the 05/06 season.

Regads,

Greg
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wallas wrote:
Has anyone been to Courchevel 1850 ? Got a good deal and might book tomorrow.

We will be snowboarding, my girlfriend will need a couple of lessons, is it good for beginners ?

Staying at Residence Sno ? Has anyone heard about it or stayed there ?

£309 each self catering, not bad ? Sounds good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Chris.

When are you going?

C1850 is one of the best resorts in the world, but it is a snow-lite destination right now, and, judging by the 10-day forecasts, it will stay that way for a while yet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
C1850 is one of the best resorts in the world, but it is a snow-lite destination right now, and, judging by the 10-day forecasts, it will stay that way for a while yet.

The 10 day I just checked had reasonable snow Wed and Sat....f/l down to 1400m by Monday......
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are not going till 3rd Feb, so we should hopefully have plenty of white stuff to play in.

Going with the lads 2nd Jan to Peisey/Les Arcs and then on the 3rd with wor lass.

Bring it on !!
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

The 10 day I just checked had reasonable snow Wed and Sat....f/l down to 1400m by Monday......

We'll see.
snow report
snow report
wallas, we're not boarders but sometimes ski/board with a friend who is. 1850 is really a great place, with lots of nice greens and progressive slopes for you to improve on. It is an excellent choice. There are also plenty of non drag lifts i.e. bubbles that are more boarder-friendly than chairs or drags (at least according to our friend).
snow report
Cheers, i booked up today, arrive on the 3rd Feb.
snow report
wallas, Could you let me have the details please. And yes it's a great resort.
snow report
Hello Jack, i booked with Ski-Direct.co.uk tel no. 08700 171 935

We fly with BA from Birmingham to Lyon, staying at the Residence Sno apartments, £309 each accommodation, flights, and transfers.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
wallas, I'm a boarder and my wife learned to board in the 3 valleys. We stayed at Courcheval 1850 and liked it so much we brought along a load of mates the next season and stayed at la Tania.

The whole area is extremely board friendly modern lifts and plenty of bubble cars and gondolas. Good well looked after pistes with lots of variation and few flat areas. At 1850 my wife loved the Verdon and Bellecote pistes and the Jardin Alpin area.

Magic in Motion taught my son and put the Missus on the right track. I you see a giant orange mouse on the piste you're not seeing things its one of their instructors being chased by a load of kids.

Snozone (by the piste near the main lift station) is boarder friendly good for a hot choccy or beer and not quite as expensive as some places. Courcheval 1850 isnt all expensive, we ate out a fair bit and it didnt break the bank so long as you avoid places like Piggys ( 22 euros for a pint and half of beer !!).

Final thought ,the French genuinly seem to like us as we are far more friendly than the Russians who go there who arent particularly polite. You can spot the Ruskies a mile away with their horrendous bling gear.
snow report
well done, seems like a great price - i always thought Courchevel 1850 was hugely expensive Neh Neh
latest report
Markus wrote:
well done, seems like a great price - i always thought Courchevel 1850 was hugely expensive Neh Neh

If you want to spend alot of money you can. We had s/c accom within 100 metres of 1850 slopes for £260 per adult in March. It was a tad cramped but how many tour operator provide spacious accom at that price in any resort Very Happy Its really good skiing and you don't need to spenda fortune but be caeful where you choose for lunch
snow conditions
wallas wrote:

Thanks again.

Be careful with the bars some of them are very pricey. There is a very smart pub looking sort of place near the main lift complex (at the street level I think). I was there about three years ago and fancied a pint of Guinness. I paid over five quid for it and possibly more.

Anybody have any advice about reasonably priced bars!
ski holidays
richjp, the Jump bar and Le Kalico have reasonable prices, IIRC.
latest report
Quote:

Be careful with the bars some of them are very pricey

Very good advice. I once narrowly missed paying a fortune for a hot chocolate somewhere above 1850 - perfectly ordinary looking piste side caff, luckily one of the people I was with, from the chalet, had been in there the previous day and paid silly prices for a couple of coffees. But yes, it's a great place to ski, do get over to 1650 where the snow, last time we were there in the snow drought of early 2002 had the best snow of the whole 3V, including Val Thorens. Unless you're extra keen you only need a Courchevel pass, especially if you are having lessons; the valley has everything from the best nursery slope ever to those terrifying couloirs (other) people like to boast about. Just don't take the wrong turning off the top lift in a whiteout....
ski holidays
Courchevel just delayed its opening this weekend, in order to wait for more snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
Courchevel just delayed its opening this weekend, in order to wait for more snow.

I know you like spreading bad news, but please be clear when doing so.

It delayed it's opening by one day, from Saturday until Sunday.

http://www.courchevel.com/index2.php?lang=en

Opening of the resort
The opening date of the resort is reported to Sunday 10th December (unless modifications). Opening lifts: Verdons / Saulire / Biollay / Chenus

regards,

Greg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy