Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

crashes

Poster: A snowHead
My last big one was caught on camera:

The end result was a broken nose, maxillus, lacerations of the upper lip and my lower lip separated from the jaw (giving a niced view of the mandible). I let the tree live. Luckily the surgeon was amazing. After being stiched up for 3 hours, getting my first taste of morphen and 40-odd stiches, I show almost no lasting ill-effects.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ouch... that looks nasty... glad you're ok now!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mulletizer,
Can't quite compete with the surgery but my face looked pretty similar

Zermatt -steep icy black - heading down fast for lunch - catch and edge which slams my face into the hard icy piste. Two black eyes, fractured cheek bone, one tooth still numb three years later, deeply lacerated face, concussion, talking a load of gibberish - can only remember coming to with my mates around me shoving snow on my rapidly growing face - but it was very cosy in the little sledge that I was taken down in. Then the ambulance charged us 50CHF for the 100m ride to the doctors. However after one day was out skiing again and very easy to get a table in the crowded restaurant in Cervinia as everyone thought that I'd just done it. Cool Must dig out the photo.....

Number two - about a year later - poor off piste technique, not committing to the turn - fell about 200m down a steep narrow couloir in Chamonix. Tumbling down I was expecting a rocky impact at any moment - but thanks to gravity I just went straight down, bouncing off the bumps and passing all the other members of our party on the way down - remember grabbing for their legs to stop myself as I went past - but failed. Couloir runs out onto smooth bowl and I sit up minus everything but remarkably completely unhurt. All gear including sunglasses recovered. Buy a helmet next day that I have worn ever since. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ow, ow, ow. Glad you've recovered, but what amazing photos.

Mine seems positively tame by comparison. I caught an edge, went flying, landed with an audible "pop" and lay there thinking "oh god, does my leg hurt?" Next thing I see red seeping into the snow and hear numerous pairs of skis stopping nearby, as people checked I was ok. But the 'blood' looked a little bit dark on reflection... turns out I'd landed on my hipflask, punctured it, and blackcurrant schnapps was leaking all down my leg onto the snow. I was absolutely fine, except for the sticky trousers and a big bruise.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mulletizer,
Ouch Shocked Shocked
clara_jo,
Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clara_jo,

Blackcurrant schnapps - on the slopes

Not surprising you crashed then... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Les Deuz Alpes last year, most of our group (1st and 2nd time skiers) started doing a small jump at the side of a slope. First time I did it and was very cautious and went slow and stayed on my feet barely getting off the ground so 2nd time i really went for it. Not knowing to lean forward, my feet practically went up in the air and i remember thinking i was going to land on my head, but fortunately landed on my upper back in a foot of fresh snow. No injuries, but it fairly slowed me down. Clip of it here:
http://youtube.com/v/RHcrSlsAz5Q
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MhicEasmuint, love the slo-mo sound effects Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
had my most embarrasing crash last week,its so stupid but so funny looking back,maybe you saw it?went through the gate to get on a 4 person chair lift to hear my girlfriend say"im not ready yet" i look back to see her at the gate still,sh** i thought and for some stupid reason i stood there and waited and as we all know there isnt room to stand and wait, took the full force of the chair lift to my right leg and it completely floored me,and you can guess how sympathetic the lift lady was as i was laying on the floor wondering if i could still feel my legs,she didnt even help me up,hope that little story makes you laugh,and if you did see it i hope you filmed it for me Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Probably the most dramatic to watch, and in retrospect the funniest, was leading a group in the PdS in a whiteout. We were on a track which curved round, and you could tell (I thought) where the edge was from the piste markers. Until I suddenly found myself in freefall. I distinctly remember shouting "not this way" to the group as I was falling - and did eventually land about 20 feet down.... on top of the missing piste marker which somebody had obligingly taken out earlier. Fortunately only one of them followed me over so I didn't get too squashed, and he did at least pay me the compliment of telling me it was a nice soft landing!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
10 yrs ago, 1st time on skis outside the 1/2 way station at Lenzerheide - weight got behind skis I went uncontrollably whizzing off didn't stop still my skis went under the bench that was around the pallisade fence protecting the kinder lift the ski tips hit the pallisade fence and I pitched straight over the pallisade fence into the workings of the kinder lift. No injuries, but the sheer embarrassment factor was unbelievable Embarassed Embarassed

I did once come off a horse and put my back across a tree stump - the hosp. diagnosed a broken back 2 weeks later after I had walked into A&E.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mulletizer, Ouch !!!!
has anyone else noticed the resemblence to Wolverine ???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, so is Lenzerheide your secret resort wink

mulletizer, Wasit a Redwood you ran into wink Ouchie Ouchie
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not really a crash as such, but schussing down a piste in St Anton, in poor visibility, I ended up with one of the Danger/Slow signs wrapped around me.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, Orange netting?
latest report
I saw someone collide with a moving pistebasher a few years back, in Val d'Isere. Needless to say, the tractor won.
latest report
One year in peyragudes, mid-week, no holidays, pretty much just me and my mates on the slopes... Cool
Big long run where you can pick-up loads of speed.
I was skiing ahead of my mate, stopped and spotted a "little ramp" that you probably could do a nice little jump off.
So as i see my friend belting it down the slope higher up, I point at the ramp with my pole. He understands the message and lines himself up with the ramp.
At that point he is full speed, in the "schuss" position (as us frenchies say).
As he is just about to reach the ramp he realises it is a bit steeper than first thought, suddenly gets scared and stand-up, too late to stop, takes the ramp....
.... and duly perfom a complete loop with "almost" perfect landing!!! (landed then crashed..) Shocked Laughing
Couple of skiers nearby applauded, and after having the fright of my life I could not stop laughing Twisted Evil
My mate (low intermediate level..) who never had the attention of performing such a feat stayed on the flat at a very slow pace for the rest of the day... Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

Rocky Bilboa "Adrian!" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Megamum's saying nothing wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, that'll be the one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy