Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Snow level currently 1400 meters, as the day draws to an end should see that drop to town (1000ish). In terms of density and depth, i don't know but it's raining hard down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wahay! I might get to ski next weekend!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that's great news........

Only 11 days until we arrive in Chamonix for our first weekend of the season (not counting Mondial/PSB which was of course pre season and therefore doesnt count towards this winter's ski day allowance! snowHead )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fantabulous news (and I don't usually use OTT descriptions like that either!!!) Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good to know that Global Warming is a load of Botox!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
Snow level currently 1400 meters

Do we live in the same Chamonix? Looks more like 1800/1900 to me Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Could have bet a fortune you'd be along to contradict me! rolling eyes I'm judging from out side the shop, slowly it creeps through the trees.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Not contradiction cutey, reality. It's only at 1800, maybe down to 1300 tuesday night. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope it keeps snowing... will keep an eye on this as i'm heading out to Chamonix for first time in January (20th)
Now the question is do I come and visit the zoo!!! wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SZK won't be around much today, he's too busy shovelling all the snow that fell last night wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how much fell Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, Between, 0 and zero centimeters. LZK loves to be right, above all things. Bless him. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountain mad, By all means visit the zoo, just don't feed the animals Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is this the little and large (zookeeper) show ?

latest report
I give up, it 'aint going to happen, snow is rubbish anyway. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Hopefully your friends at MetroCham are right Smile

http://www.chamonix.com/meteocham/MetPreE.php

TOMORROW WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 06
Bad weather - moderate precipitation - dropping temperature in the afternoon
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud - sunshine) : overcast - becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon - period of sunshine close to 0%.
PRECIPITATION : continuous and moderate in the morning - showers in the afternoon - rain-snow limit towards 2000 m, dropping towards 1300 m at night - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 20-30 cm.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL SUNDAY DECEMBER 10 2006
Friday : new disturbance crossing over. Saturday : changeable - snow showers and sunny spells. Sunday : fairly sunny and cold - outlook is uncertain.
Forecast reliability : fairly good until Thursday - poor thereafter.
snow report
metcheck is forecasting half a foot or so tomorrow then nothing till Saturday then three days of nothing...hope they're wrong
snow conditions
It's Snowing in Town! Happy Winter to you all! Twisted Evil Toofy Grin Little Angel Laughing Laughing
latest report
just seen chamonix on itv news .not lot snow there, says resort going to open christmas eve.
latest report
5cm in town since last post!. The resort(Chamonix) will open as conditions permit. Grand Montets, will, for sure not open until Xmas Eve as changing of cable systems. Should conditions permit, Brevent/Flegere/Le Tour will open given sufficent coverage of snow. God bless the English Media, 1 month too late with the sentiments.
snow conditions
hope keeps falling like that all night SMALLZOOKEEPER,
latest report
pistenbully, It did and it is! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
About 7 - 8 cms has fallen in the town since 6:00 yesterday evening.

The lifts are supposed to open on 20th of December.

At least it looks like winter time now. Stress levels have gone down all over town ... thankfully.
ski holidays
Although no big dumps of snow, we've listened to many of our recent clients, whom the consensus seems to be things arn't too bad. Grand Montets is apprently, better than this time last year and deserves a visit early in the morning on your "Kiddie Killers". Haven't been skiing myself, i hate skiing and all associated with it. Plus we have to work a little! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Truely Awful, avoid it like a plague, worst winter for many years! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
i hate skiing and all associated with it.

Puzzled Confused
ski holidays
posted this on another thread but it could make more sense here :-

Les Houches is open ... well most of it anyway. Was up there yesterday and while it isn't great it's better than nothing. There are plenty of patches of grass but not so many rocks. The Kandahar run is open but full of people standing still just after icey patches

Brevent has 1 run open. Haven't been up there myself, but hear that it's terrible. Not recommended.

Flegere isn't open at all.

Le Tour is supposed to be something simiillar to Les Houches. I think only the front-side is open and it's only man-made snow so only piste skiing. I haven't been up there yet, but one person told me it was ok and a chap who has been to both Les Houches and Le Tour said that Les Houches was better..

Quite a bit of the Grand Montets is now open. The Bouchard Mork & Mindy lift has the best skiing in the valley from what I can see. There is some nice bits to be found, but the off-piste (of what there) is is probably mogulled up by now ... as in big f*-off 5 foot moguls. Pierre et Ric (sic) home run is open with man-made snow. Do it early in the day or you will find the same stupid people who are also on the Kandahar have also stopped to have a chat on this run. The hearse lift is open but it's pants. Bring your rock-skis if you even think of going up there.

Planard rocks !!! Was up on St Stephens day The blue run is way cool ... but unfortunately the red run isn't open yet.

There is snow in the forecast for next week
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do not even contemplate doing the home run from the Grand Montets. It is the worst ski run I have ever been on. Blue ice from the half way down. It is a bordelle de merde !!!

Hearse and Bouchard are ok.
latest report
Resurrecting this thread to get some current info on Chamonix. I’m heading up there for the weekend of 13th Jan, however I’d like to get an idea of the coverage. I’ve got a new board that has not seen any action yet and I was wondering if there are many rocks lurking around still or have the recent snowfalls covered most of them? Don’t want to wreck an expensive board on its first day out wink
snow report
Diarmuid, We have good snow cover right now. Another dump of around 40cm should see us set up nicely for the season, although 4000cm is always welcome.
latest report
Diarmuid wrote:
Resurrecting this thread to get some current info on Chamonix. I’m heading up there for the weekend of 13th Jan, however I’d like to get an idea of the coverage. I’ve got a new board that has not seen any action yet and I was wondering if there are many rocks lurking around still or have the recent snowfalls covered most of them? Don’t want to wreck an expensive board on its first day out wink

Returned from chamonix evening of the 3rd, on piste now the recent snow has presumably been pisted and packed down you should be absolutely fine for rocks in all the area's baring a major thaw (apart from the home runs at Brevent/Flegere). Off piste will be totally tracked out but the rocks much more covered so if you get any decent snowfall that should also be ok.
ski holidays
Hi Guys, Did the forecasted 20cm arrive last night? The forecast for the rest of the week does not look too bad, temps not rising too much and a bit of snow forecast for Tursday morning. Fingers crossed. Booked into the Hermitage Bit pricy but the breakfast is worth the trip alone Very Happy

While I'm at it, any off piste guide recommendations for Chamonix?
latest report
So it seems that winter is on it's way.

Anyone coming on holiday next week could possibly have epic (proper) January conditions. Bring an extra layer wtih you !!!

Today it was snowing pretty heavy above 1800 metres. It's supposed to snow tonight also.

Not many runs open on the Grand MOntet at the end of the day due to high winds. Bouchard was open early on but closed around lunch time. Magic (Dream) forest was tasty, but the chair closest to it was closed so the traverse had to begin from too high up.

Anyways, we are finally getting some snow !!!
latest report
Anybody have an opinion on what the snow could be like in Chamonix this (or any) Easter? It's at the start of April this year so will anywhere still be open (apart from the Grand Montet)?
ski holidays
Hywel, Normally everything should be open in Chamonix at Easter ... well by everything I mean Le Tour, Brevent, Flegere, Grand Montet and the Midi.

Brevent normally closes on the first weekend in May and GM on the second weekend in May.
snow conditions
It's snowing "Japanese Car Parts". Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Good luck over the next 4 weeks. Hope it snot tooooo busy in the shop. Little Angel
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, and we're to take it that that is a good thing?? Smile
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so what happened to that 8cm in the whole of February that you were told about then ?

wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy