Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mother of all Indoor Slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am not sure if this has yet been reported at Snowheads....surely I don't have the lead on this? Prove me wrong!

Planning permission is expected to be granted in October by the Suffolk District Council for the world's largest indoor ski slope.

Reportedly 100 metres high, 80 metres wide and 500 metres long developed in an old Blue Circle quarry and quote unquote "is the equivalent to skiing from the top of Big Ben". Apparently will have 350 self-catering lodges and hotel and is designed to be a stay-over kind of resort rather than a day trip job. Also to have ice skating, ten pin bowling, health centre, ski academy, golf course, shops by the 100, rail station etc etc and kitchen sink no doubt.

Sounds excellent....but why would you want to ski off the top of Big Ben?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sounds excellent....but why would you want to ski off the top of Big Ben?

Good question as Big Ben is the bell so not really that big in skiing terms.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But it is a good shape. Nice and steep with a jump at the bottom rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, there are a couple of previous threads on this (Snoasis) project, with some visuals of the design:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=40398#40398

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1991&highlight=suffolk
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There you go. Well done David. I knew there would be more info about this knocking about already.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Uhm, why not go to Chamonix for the day or even overnight. Probably will cost the same and a tad more skiing at Cham, dare I suggest.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not in August . . . and not a short bike ride from my door . . . hehehe
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't disagree with you Kevin.

It's just interesting that something of this grand scale, so questionable in terms of feasibility and yet an incredible feat, should be earmarked for Suffolk. I say good luck to them. They will get me there for a day or so, but I probably won't sign up for their Air Miles!

I went to Milton Keynes last Wednesday night and having paid for 2 hours left after an hour due to the repetition. As well as it's developed (and hats off to them for it) it isn't the same as the real thing. A bit like comparing pizza in Naples with a Margherita from the Holloway Road Domino's - they serve their purpose but don't really substitute each other. Or nescafe and espresso...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

A bit like comparing pizza in Naples with a Margherita from the Holloway Road Domino's - they serve their purpose but don't really substitute each other.

Peter Leuzzi, Laughing nice analogy Wink mmmmm pizza
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy