Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

King Salomon's Mine Field.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It would seem that in a time where the once great 'Salomon' are losing grip on a market they once held almost to ransom, luck may play the greatest part in their downfall.

Since Amer took control of Salomon in 2005, the company has seen itself go from bad to worse. Although, according to Salomon, productivity and manufacturing costs are running at there most efficent ever, the company has lost face with its public and profits are greatly down.

It will not be as a sucessful winter for their W/C team, many faces having switched factory or are injured.

They seem to have a knack of not leaving well alone, this year moving away from the binding systems that have for years, been so sucsessful. Skiwise they have become the laughing stock of the industry, seemingly only outlets around the towns are maintaining sales. They have, however launched a new boot range, Falcon. Based on their W/C shell, X2, the boot looks like it could be a sucsess, but where can you buy them?

At this time, with all things pointing to decline, Salomon have suffered a blow to the nether reigions. Their logistics company have lost their inventory system, meaning they have no way of tracking the where abouts of stock or orders. At current there are 25,000 outlets in Europe awaiting orders placed for delivery in October, it is rumoured to so far have cost Salomon €17,000,000. The problems set to spiral as so far the U.S. have recieved ZERO product and at this time of the year, conventional methods of shipping are simply, not practical.

Where will this lead? I can't personally see a future, on any front, for the once great innovators of outr beloved sport.
Will Amer dig them out?
Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A shame SZK, I have been very disappointed with the Salomon skis I tested recently. Very dull. Awful disaster with the deliveries. There'll be lots of end-of-season bargains though if they fianlly get them delivered.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Salomon skis still seem to sell for more on eBay than any others. I think there are still plenty of people who rate them, although the only products of theirs I would buy are clothes and (maybe) their high-end bindings
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope they get bailed out. My feet are definitely Salomon-shaped, and my new Salomon boots are very good and fit extremely well indeed. I tried others, but they weren't the right shape.

Salomon seem to have moved a lot into the leisure side of things - I have two pairds of Salomon trainers/fell-running type shoes, and they are very good and very comfortable, but I wonder if in trying to expand into the general leisure side of things they have lost the plot as far as the core business is concerned?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a lot of point in marketing spend if the public can't get their hands on the product. May not be as big an issue for Europe provided its in the shops by New Year but I suspect in the US most non-discounted product gets sold pre Xmas.

I saw the Falcons in Decathlon London so maybe supply is not terminal though its hardly a high end boot shop.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, Early U.K. deliveries were met, since then the system has gone up the spout. Salomon have a history of restricting supply to increase demand, simple economics or poor oganisation, we'll see!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They need to bring back rear entry boots. The world will be a better place if they did snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter S, you're right... you just can't appreciate numbing pain and shin splints til you've spent a few months in a puke orange pair of SX90 Equippe. I think all Sillyman's probs stem from the incredible arrogance they displayed when they were totally dominant... the market always decides in the end.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy