Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Tignes lift pass on-line?

Poster: A snowHead
Can't seem to find a website where I can buy L'Espace Killy lift passes. Can anyone help?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not sure it will be any cheaper?? what about the ticket office when you get there....i belive there is a good deal on deck chair rentals at present Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Not looking for cheaper just to get it sorted in advance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, it is not something i have ever done before, tignes / Val D have still not come out of the dark ages, you need a photo for any pass more than 2 days so not sure iof it would be available, the queue at the ticket office last time i when to Val was a whole two people so took a matter of minutes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, I sorted it out in advance for my 2 weeks last season too - http://www.skipass-tignes.com/vente/index.php?langue=gb
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges, spyderjon, well there you go Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, Thanks but that appears to be a member's only site as it says I need to login before I can purchase(?).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, you mean your'e not a member Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, I was black balled Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a black toenail, is that the same?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, sorry, I didn't try it, but it certainly seems that way Puzzled I suspect it's some form of customer registration only but can't see where to register! Don't recall having any such problem when I bought over the interwebby last season Confused

edit: just checked - I did register last season, but my username/password seem no longer to be valid! Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
spyderjon, it is not something i have ever done before, tignes / Val D have still not come out of the dark ages, you need a photo for any pass more than 2 days so not sure iof it would be available, the queue at the ticket office last time i when to Val was a whole two people so took a matter of minutes

With their new hands-free system this year photos are not required for six-day passes.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I ordered a 7 day pass from http://www.stvi-valdisere.com/en/vente.php over a month ago and they took the dosh from my card over a week ago. But, no card has materialised yet.

I trust it won't be the utterly pointless procedure of "Quote your ID number at the Caisse and they will retrieve your pre-paid pass".

The thing is, I'm driving out and arriving at the foot of the piste at 9am. I don't want to faff about buying lift passes - or even queuing for pre-paid ones. Well, that's the theory anyway. Cool

I look forward to popping in my car, driving for a few hours, jumping into my step-in bindings, grinding my bases on the gravel in the car park and then hitting the first button the hell up the mountain! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
crosbie, the page does say it will be sent to your home address.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, yes, but knowing my luck, and Val d'Isere's inexperience it may well be a case of "Cher client, desole, mais votre forfait could not be envoyed chez vous parce que vous etes anglais. Donc, vous retrouvez votre forfait au caisse le jour de votre arrival s'il vous donnez votre code number that nous avons already given you. merci beaucoups pour votre comprehension."

Or something like that.

Or worse still, they'll have a policy of not sending it until the last minute (so you can't hack into it and add a few weeks), and then it'll arrive the day after I set off.

These new fangled things rarely go smoothly, but I'm certainly hoping they do, cos these passes ain't cheap.

I did have a pass from a couple of years ago I could have used to get a big discount, but god knows where the hell I put it. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
crosbie, I had a letter posted and stamped 'priority' sent to me from La Plagne (Aime) on November 23rd and I didnt receive it until 30th November, like you the transaction had gone through my card on 23rd!

But to confuse things I also had a letter reach me within 2 days of posting in France Confused
latest report
boredsurfin, did this letter contain your pass, or was it simply a confirmation?

And hasn't La Plagne been hands-free a bit longer than Val?
snow report
crosbie, you should come to Serre Che instead, they've had these handfree things for years, and I've ordered ours on the internet hassle-free on several occasions. I got a season pass this year, and when the credit card wouldn't work, they called me, checked the number again, processed it, and posted it out, arriving three days later.
snow conditions
crosbie wrote:
boredsurfin, did this letter contain your pass, or was it simply a confirmation?

And hasn't La Plagne been hands-free a bit longer than Val?

The one that took a week was our annual passes, I wasnt getting concerned at all , oh no! Confused
Paradiski went hands free last season as did The 3 valleys.

I'd guess yours is in the post, 'The Christmas post' syndrome has started around here already Shocked
latest report
Sounds like Serre Che are on the ball then.

I've been using hands free passes at Avoriaz quite a while.

Once, a lady at the caisse got very excited to tell me that I'd earnt a free day skiing that I'd be able to use at the end of the week, e.g. Friday. So, I say. "Excellent! Please go forth and do whatever your computer needs to do to make it so that we have this free day at the end of the week".

So, on that most fine and pleasant Friday we got to the bottom of a chair to find that the passes didn't work. Doh. rolling eyes

She didn't emphasise the fact that I'd actually have to ask for my 'credits' to be converted later. It's not like a stored credit card - you have to enable it for specific days, and the credits then become available to use in place of money. However, we'd only have enough credits to do so AFTER the Thursday. So she couldn't enable it until the Thurs evening.

Something tells me it could actually be easier...

I also used 'em at Zermatt.

I now discover that practically all handsfree passes can be made compatible with each other and with the Swatch skipass watch, but due to widespread distrust and inclinations toward insularity, most systems are made deliberately incompatible. Puzzled
ski holidays
boredsurfin, that's good to hear you have your pass. Unless you're skiing next week (making it a bit tight). I hope mine arrives shortly.

My companions think I'm mad. They won't order theirs online unless my experience turns out hassle free. Some of them will probably still buy their passes we get there anyway, so I'll still have to wait for them. Skullie
latest report
crosbie wrote:
I ordered a 7 day pass from http://www.stvi-valdisere.com/en/vente.php over a month ago and they took the dosh from my card over a week ago. But, no card has materialised yet.

Our friends who are travelling with us ordered their passes off that site two weeks ago but still no sign even though their card was charged straight away. They phoned them a couple of days ago & were told they'd get them in the next two weeks. Pretty crap IMO which is why I'm not risking orderering from that site, especially as the collection point if it doesn't turn up is in Val D'Isere.
snow report
spyderjon, hmmm.... so you'd have to buy a lift pass in order to collect your lift pass. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be generous enough to refund you the money for that lift pass - perhaps even if you all bought a one-day pass.

I'd give it a go if that's the way it turned out. They'd be much happier refunding a lift pass than a taxi fare. They might even give you a gratuity for your inconvenience.

Let's hope the lift passes turn up pronto and the administrators learn to appreciate how important it is that punters are assured about timely delivery of such an expensive item. They could say "Your pass is guaranteed to arrive within 7 days after credit card charge - if it doesn't, you get a free day's skiing, plus one for every further week the pass takes to get to you" - and if it doesn't arrive in time for your holiday you ski for free. Or sommat like that.

One can dream.... snowHead
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
spyderjon, sorry, I didn't try it, but it certainly seems that way Puzzled I suspect it's some form of customer registration only but can't see where to register! Don't recall having any such problem when I bought over the interwebby last season Confused

edit: just checked - I did register last season, but my username/password seem no longer to be valid! Puzzled

The username and password are the same as last season, well mine was anyway.

The site states that it is only working for people who had Carte Tignes accounts for the time being.

It worked fine for me last month, but I specified that I would collect the pass at the Grande Motte ticket office.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy