Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone used the ski creche in Saas Grund?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Saas after Christmas and will be using the ski creche for our 4 year old. Has anybody used this particular place before? I'd love to know what to expect and also what he will need to have with him.

Any info gratefully received Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vanderstel, not too sure what you mean by the ski creche. We used the ski school at Saas Grund and had a pre schooler who joined one of the kiddie groups (skiing). I was really impressed by the set up with the school at Saas Grund. Afraid I can't remember too much more info about what the little ones got up to.....I had 90 "big kids" to concentrate on!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, We have 3 x 4 year olds in our group (of 60) and we have been told that they will go to ski creche but will have the chance to try some skiing as well. Do you have any idea how it will work?

What did you think of the ski instruction at Saas Grund? Any hot tips or wise words? Where did you stay? Would love some more information Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If we're talking about the same thing, the ski creche had loads of fun stuff around along with a short drag lift. I'm guessing they play games in the snow!!

I didn't personally have lessons, but what I saw of the ski school I was impressed by. They had a warm up area, where they blasted out music to do exercises to, and then the groups went off and skied.We did 2 days at Saas Grund, 3 days at Saas Fee and then the final day at Saas Grund. The kids had a slalom race on the last day and got certificates and medals.

If you are planning on skiing at Saas Fee, plan it out in advance. Saas Fee is car free, so there is a walk from where the bus drops you off to the lift area. If you are all used to walking with skis, then it's not a problem, but if you have any beginners (or kids!!) then you can borrow some wheelbarrows to throw all the equipment in and push to the lifts. There are also lockers that can be used for storing gear overnight (this is where the planning comes in - you need to know if you are goig to ski there the next day, and take shoes if you want to leave your ski boots) for a few CHF.

On the trip I did with a large group, we stayed at the Rodania (sp??), but I have also stayed in the Touring and the Roby.

Where are you staying?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vanderstel,

Sounds like you're referring to The Kids Fun Park in Saas-Fee.

"The Kids Fun Park at the Saas-Fee sports field will thrill all children, because children learn how to ski here through fun and games. And the highest playground in the Saas Valley at Kreuzboden above Saas-Grund, at 2400 m above sea-level, provides great entertainment."

We've booked our 5 year old in there for the Easter week. Sounds good. The ski school have been very helpful.

Would be interested to hear how you get on ... good luck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, we are staying at Hotel Rodania too! What did you think?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, I think our kids will be based at Kreuzboden. It's the first time for us using a ski creche and I suppose I am a little nervous!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

masmith, I think our kids will be based at Kreuzboden. It's the first time for us using a ski creche and I suppose I am a little nervous!

that's the one
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vanderstel, have sent you a pm regarding the accommodation. I'd be happy to go back there again.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry If This Is Completely Wrong One But.

I Just Got Back From A Week In SaasGrund-SaasFee I Stayed In Hotel Rondonia (However You Spell That)
In Saas Grund. Extremely Nice Views Of Balconys! I Went With My School So We Were Taken By Saas Grund Ski School.
Saas Grund Has A Little Range Of Slopes But They Are All Very Enjoyable And Lead To AMAZING VIEWS. Aspecialy The Top Gondaler (Bubble Lift Thing) Leading To The Glacier Slopes.
Wow Views.

And I Joined In At 3 Kiddie Warm Ups They're Extremly Fun With Funny Music :]
(If Anyone Knows What The Song That Ends With Whisteling Is Please Tell Me :] ]

But Throughout The Week I Saw Many Young Child Groups
Well Tiny People Guessing There Between 3+
They Always Had Giant Smiles On Their Faces And Could Tell They
Loved The Skii School :]
Plus Some Groups Wear Little Zebra Or Lion Helmet Covers On Their Helmets :]

Saas Fee Is More Difficult As It Is A Non Vechile Town.
And The Walk Is Across A Bridge. I'm Unsure Of The Number But You Can
Request Taxis To Take You Across. (They're Unusual Looking Things Lol)
And The Gondeler Up Their Is A Standing One Where As Many As Possible People
Stand In. :S

But The Little Kidds Area There I Saw Whilest In The Gondeler Looks Pretty Amazing :].

Erm Hotel Rondonia In Saas Grund Has Mazing Views.
Usualy Good Food However Im Vegetarian So Didn't Try Meat Side Their.

Rooms Are Good For A Ski Resort Iv Been 4 Times Now To Diffrent
Places And I Think Saas Grund's Hotel Rondonia Is Great :]
Also They Have Lifts For Bags So No Dragging Bags Up Stairs!
Saas Grund Is A Very Nice Little Town With Varied Shops.
And Saas Fee Has Also A Varied Shopping Village.
Saas Fee Has A Lovely Pool.
With A Kiddie Area .
Went There It Was Brilliant And Very Easy To Find!
Got A Free Evening Then Its Good Their :].
Usualy Very Quiet Too.
Theres A
Big Pool With Deep End.
Sauna.
Jacooze (Dunno How To Spell :S )
And Kiddie Pool With Slide :]

(Slide Is Very Quick So Be Careful Doesn't Look It Lol.)

Erm Hope Some Of Thats Helpful To Some People.
My Views May Be Very Diffrent Because Went With School.
And PGL Which Where Extremely Helpful.

Just Got Back Yesterday Very Good :].

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beckiie1, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Saas and the Rodania. Willie (the owner) is quite a character!! Was Bob working out there for PGL.....he was the guy there when I went a few years back.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
:]
thanks

im not sure we had a lady from PGL called celiene (not sure how to spell that lol)

it was amazing their :]
but iv got a song stuck in my head from the warm up on the slopes
and i cant find it anywhere :S

thanks for the reply
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy