Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lack of snow reported in Times

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2481881,00.html

Glad I'm booked at one of the few places to be mentioned with some skiing! Here's hoping for a general change of fortune across the Alps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find this kind of ignorance appalling from the SCGB

Quote:

Alan Morgan, the information manager at the Ski Club of Great Britain, which has 30,000 members, said the only skiing available in Europe this weekend would be on high glacial slopes in resorts such as Zermatt, Saas Fee in Switzerland and Val Thorens in France.

Kerekip has elsewhere posted a huge list of Austrian non-glacial resorts that are open Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe 'Alan Morgan, the information manager at the Ski Club of Great Britain' hasn't heard of snowHeads? Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe we are all going to have to get use to the lack on snow in December?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisb wrote:
Maybe we are all going to have to get use to the lack on snow in December?

given it's the 1st Dec and still "pre season", let's wait a few weeks and see!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
admin wrote:
Maybe 'Alan Morgan, the information manager at the Ski Club of Great Britain' hasn't heard of snowHeads? Sad
If they credited the people they were getting their info off, he might stand a chance of finding it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That was a complete non-article
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
> That was a complete non-article

Meteo France made a press release about the warm autumn yesterday and I suppose that prompted them to write something. There is a bit more info on PisteHors

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0651-warmest-autumn-on-record/

Maybe a bit of snow in the Southern Alps on Sunday but no immediate respite but a few resorts are trying to open some skiing and it looks much colder and snowier mid-week now. If this pans out I would have thought there would be quite a bit of skiing by the 2nd week of December.

This is one of my neighbours climbing the Sarenne in l'Alpe d'Huez the day before yesterday. It is a south-facing slope and this must be around 2,300 m but they have at least bashed the snow to preserve it.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, great pic. It is so interesting to see something you have skied (some time ago) without it's full winter coat. Is that the ski out ? Does it already by 2,300 ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Earlier this week, 3ft (90cm) of snow fell in 48 hours at the Birds of Prey course in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which would have been able to re-stage the cancelled European events were it not for the lack of sponsors."

So what's more distressing? No snow, about which we can do feck all or no sponsors. Which is a human decision.
Very sad.

An, in general, an article beautifully highlighting the pitiful state of UK journalism. Complete p1sh.

I really, really, really want to be the editor of some newspaper. Huge salary, and every day of the year off to enjoy the skiing. That's how it appears anyway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy