Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian Rockies and Red Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kicking Horse is 'snowed in' as is Red Mountain (Red isn't in the Rockies) and both resorts will open this weekend. My advice if you are coming out this way is to definately get to Kicking Horse. Banff has good snow and all 3 resorts have been open since Early November.

Norquay

Ken Read bought Norquay this year and has dropped the $10 to take the bus from Banff to the resort. You can also get a week day season pass for $99!!!!!!!

Currently in Banff it is still -25C. so if you are coming make sure to bring lots of Hot Chilies!

The resorts in the Interior have all had early snow and most of them should be opening this weekend. I just heard Kicking Horse has has 138" already. Their season norm is 256"

As I live in Banff and ski all the resorts within 4 hours drive quite frequently please feel free to email me any time if you want news.

Thanks.

Chris BraisbY ISIA
Developer of the SKI COACH Training Tool
www.theskicoach.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Frank, thanks for the good update and welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Conditions are looking good out there at the mo - we'll be going to Big White & Sun Peaks later in the season so hope it stays that way Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just to add that Marmot Basin (Jasper, Alberta) opened on the 17th November.

They've just had two days where they had to shut due to extreme weather. Yesterday afternoon the temperature (including wind chill) was expected to drop to -54 degrees C !

All pictures from the resort show beautiful powder.

Hope it stays that way till new year. 27 Sleeps to go!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frank wrote:
(Red isn't in the Rockies)

Since when ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
Frank wrote:
(Red isn't in the Rockies)

Since when ?

Since always - technically Kicking Horse and Fernie aren't in the Rockies either being separated by valleys from the main range IIRC. Red is some significant distance away in the (West) Kootenays.

Edit - [Geography geek on] Actually for the pedants somewhere in geological time they may have together becuse the Columbia valley looks like a bit of a rift valley but even then I'd expect the Rockies to be much newer than the interior BC mountains. [Geek off]

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 30-11-06 10:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Isn't it in the Kootenays or the Okanagan?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah fatbob got there first - forget the Okanagan bit! Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds good we are off to Canada at the end of January and although not made any firm plans it will probably include Lake Louise, Jasper and Kicking Horse Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob,

OK if you say so. I just generalise the Rockies & lump in the whole west mountain mass from Mexico to Alaska

I been to both Fernie & Red a few times in the distant past.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
fatbob,

OK if you say so. I just generalise the Rockies & lump in the whole west mountain mass from Mexico to Alaska

I been to both Fernie & Red a few times in the distant past.

No problem lots of people do but geologically there are big differences - ranges like the BC Coastal Range, the Cascades and the Sierra Nevada are actually extinct (or not so extinct) volcanic chains I think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy