Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JANUARY/FEBRUARY SKIING - SINGLE - HELP!!!! :-)

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads!

I am first time in this situation and don’t know really what to do so I wont spend too much money and still enjoy the snow. Puzzled

Basically I would like to ask you guys what is your advice as def most of you are more experienced with travelling from the UK then I am. Embarassed

I want to go skiing in the end of January or beginning of February (weeks 20th or 27th of Jan or 3rd of Feb) in Europe for a week. It doesn’t really matter where as long as the resort is fine snowHead
I looked for the offers for that time and as you probably know looking as a single isn’t that easy as most of the rooms are at least double.
That makes the costs go up if there is actually a single room available as no group discounts apply. The price range varies from 400 to 700£ (flights, transfer, accommodation and some food depends on the deal)

I have read on forum here that in those days it is worth waiting and try to get a last minute deal. I moved to Manchester and found some good flight deals over that period of time to several locations. I am really tempted to book at least a flight which currently is not more then 100£ return. I still need the transfer to the resort etc.
I am thinking of just going over to the resort and looking for a place while I am already there. If I wait longer the flights cost will go up… Shocked

I understand last minute deal includes flights as well but most of them are from London … (?)
The last minute deals you have in mind are the ones made by ski agents? Or deals made directly by hotels, B+Bs or private accommodations?
I haven’t checked the private accommodations like B+B yet but wanted to know if maybe there is an easy way of doing this.

What do you advice?
Is anybody going in this time of the year and either wants some more heads in order to fill in the chalet?
Is anybody in similar situation so we can hook up?
Puzzled

All help is much appreciated, thank you wink

I am 28yr old male, advanced skier (tried snowboard as well and love it too), après ski a must but still tend to be on the slope in the morning and finish late Toofy Grin

Cheers,
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
szy, I believe there are some singles on here, take a read at this thread, particularly the posts by Julieanne and Snowcat.
You could be in luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
szy, .......note Foxy's, use of word, 'could'......... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BernardC wrote:
szy, .......note Foxy's, use of word, 'could'......... Toofy Grin

Yes, well, I don't know the two women in question, and while they sound EAGER enough, it might mean he is very unlucky, if you know what I mean...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are plenty of last minute deals around.

Many of them are in chalets though and you may have to share a room.

You could just book a flight and sort out your own transfer and accommodation.

Hefty single supplements are often a tour operator racket. Dealing direct avoids this.

I am not sure about Manchester, as opposed to London, but I believe there should be a reasonable selection of last minute offers. It is not some desperate regional backwater where virtually every holiday gets booked up straight away.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I ve sent them private msgs just to get their attention to this post. We will see... better to take a shot then later regret not taking it as uncle Gretzky said Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
szy, you might want to change your signature to "Skitom" or something like that... Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latchigo wrote:

Hefty single supplements are often a tour operator racket. Dealing direct avoids this.

can you please say what do yuo mean by that - language barier

I spoke with two travel agencies and within those dates they had 3-4 offers for singles...

ta
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat,
haha I believe I know what you mean
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
its such a pain to get out of the UK or Ireland and go skiing...
I am used to just getting into the car and heading off 12-14 hours until in the location.
I have a bike here (almost got it off me today in the morning for speedin Toofy Grin ) so it just wont work plus I think it would take me much longer to reach Alps wud it?

what kind of money are we talking abt when having the last minute deal in mind?

thx

Skitom Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
szy,

referencing the Great One on sHs is that a first. Though tour ops don't publicise it you can sometimes haggle a spare room with no single occupancy supplement at the last minute. Otherwise think of DIY to Switzerland & Austria where pensions wuite often have single rooms.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob,
what do you mean by Great One
sHs - snowheads
DIY -??? - I ve seen it on couple of threads already...
sorry mate but English is not my first language

I ve been to Austria in single rooms couple of times - Its just better to be with the group but as I said if nothing pops up I ll do just that.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
szy wrote:
Latchigo wrote:

can you please say what do yuo mean by that - language barier

I spoke with two travel agencies and within those dates they had 3-4 offers for singles...

ta

A tour operator like Crystal or Thomson may charge a large premium on top of the standard package price for a single room.

If you book with the hotel directly a single room may not incur extra cost.

There are plenty of offers for singles available but check the cost against what the travel agencies would charge for each person sharing a twin/double room.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, well, I don't know the two women in question, and while they sound EAGER enough, it might mean he is very unlucky, if you know what I mean...

Speaking for myself-- I am a very eager SKIcat-- but not at all eager to share a room--with either skitoms or cats! Sorry--szy! (Thanks for the pm)
I suggest a chalet holiday for you-- as often you find people of similar age and ability to ski with--or have you tried the SkiClub of GB?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So you're not up for an apartment?
snow report
Kaiser wrote:
So you're not up for an apartment?

...I thought you were going to say "threesome".
snow conditions
In terms of cards, I always prefer four.

Seriously though, there's loads of Accom available at reasonable prices, so the more the merrier!!
snow conditions
Am I up for an apartment? Sure, as long as I have my own "chambre"! I'm too used to my creature comforts to share floorspace--sardine-fashion, though I am sure it's a cosy idea!Little Angel
As for threesomes-- love to SKI with other cats and toms...is that what you meant ?...hope I haven't given the wrong signals.... Puzzled
snow report
szy, have you seen this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18875 it may suit your requirements Confused .
snow report
ALL, FIRST OF ALL THANKS A LOT FOR OR THE REPLIES AND ADVICE!
I am looking through it …
If anybody wants to contact me through private msg please do so as well Cool

cheers Latchigo for clearing this up, I normally went for rooms with private owners like b+b
The cost was usually ca. 22€ for a night for a single room with a small booze fridge Toofy Grin
ski pass 160€ cost of petrol etc... which is not too bad

I still prefer to hook up with some group but if that fails I ll ski by my own anyway Confused

Julieanne, you don’t have to be sorry SKIcat – I didn’t say anything I want to share room with you wink haha by the way I want to ski first of all, party second
My offer to join the forces and go somewhere and have a good time is still valid
I don’t mind apartment/chalet or single rooms as long as price is right and place is ok + some few snowHead around

Kaiser,
Sorry mate but things changed a bit…. The plan is to go skiing in Jan with some small group and in April with EoSB or sth – by the way what EoSB stand for? Everybody on SnowBoard?
That’s why I wont have enough funds for skiing in March anymore unless nothing works out in Jan

Ray Zorro,
thanks I will look into it as well

cheers
ski holidays
Quote:

Kaiser,
Sorry mate but things changed a bit…. The plan is to go skiing in Jan with some small group and in April with EoSB or sth – by the way what EoSB stand for? Everybody on SnowBoard?
That’s why I wont have enough funds for skiing in March anymore unless nothing works out in Jan

Szy I am going in Jan to Tignes. Have irritating bird who is not a "wench" making life difficult for me insisting I find a way to get her out there! More bodies may equal less pain for me!

(Sorry, just read my post and it seems I made certain errors: For irritating read delightful and difficult read ecstatic)
ski holidays
Szy, have a look at www.hofnar.com i went with them last year, and had a great time.
snow report
Kaiser, when in Jan? I dont know anything re this... I thought the apartment in March was on the table.
I need more detail if poss. Thanks
latest report
Gjspain,

Thanks a lot, I ll keep it in mind for future as now they need 2 female for this period of time...
Laughing I might give em a call anyway.

Ta
snow conditions
szy,

There are five of us going to Tignes by train 5th to 14th January. A sixth would like to come, however there is no room so looking at renting another two man apartment in the block we already are in and installing sister and her boyfriend in that, singles occupy the other. Apartment price is 293 euros. If you want more blab, prob best to call me, If you send me a pm I'll pass on the number.
snow conditions
Kaiser,
I cant that early in Jan as my workmate is on leave in this time.... Unfortunate but will have to pass on this.
Just curious what is this 293 for? if u ve a sec.
Thanks for the offer though!
snow conditions
2 bed apartment, Rond Point des pistes
snow conditions
Szy, give dan a ring at hofnar , he might have space for you. The chalet is fantastic, and his breakfasts are a great start to the day. Good luck
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gjspain,

I called Dan, those two spots only for females ... I offered I m gonna put a blond wig and short skirt but its a no go as my voice is too low for a bird... snowHead - maybe next year
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy