Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads 2 week weather forecast for w/c 9th December

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, just for a laugh, please provide your forecast for the weekend commencing 9th December, either for that weekend or just simply x cm new snow will have fallen by then. Broad or as narrow as you like, ie Austria will have had xmm of new snow, or xyz resort will open to abundant powder (and no you can't forecast that for Whistler)

Feel free to use scientific methods as well as mountain men, tea leaves and pure guesswork.

Then we can look back in 2 weeks time and see if anyone was remotely close or not Wink

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 brian
brian
Ok, I'm going to plump for a pattern change at last.

The Azores high will ridge northwards towards Greenland, plunging an arctic airstream down across the UK and into Europe. It will turn progressively colder, freezing down to 500m by midweek.

There will be a medium sized dump followed by further outbreaks of snow showers favouring the Jura, Eastern Switzerland and Western Austria.

France and Western Switzerland will struggle on with minimal dumpage but at least be able to turn on the cannons !

This post was brought to you by the wonders of wild stab in the darkery wink

What's your own guess kitenski ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, and wishful thinking? wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My guess is that Europe will have a huge dump towards the end of next week. This is based on the fact that I've taken the plunge and spent three times as much on going to Whistler as I would have spent going to Val d'Isere, or Courchevel, and so sod's law means that it'll blow up in my face. However I've had one too many pre season holidays with no snow, and this year is going to be different.
Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
Arno, just a tad Laughing

Kramer, take your gloating somewhere else ! NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Temps will stay warm (by that meaning too warm for snow cannons) until this coming weekend (2nd Dec), with firstly France and then Switzerland, Germany and Austria rapidly cooling over the following few days. There will be flurries of snow (up to 30cm high up in some areas of Northern France, but more widely only a few cm) over the weekend of the 2nd/3rd but this will only affect France - Austria, Germany & Switzerland may get a few flakes high up, but very little.

Then it will get slightly warmer all over Europe for a few days, but towards the back end of next week, temps will drop again and there will be onset of serious winter with heavy snowfalls in all areas, with Western Switzerland, Southern Germany and Eastern Austria in particular coming in for a serious dumping (in excess of 50cm by the 9th December). Northern France will miss out initially, but just before or during the weekend of the 9th/10th they will start to get heavy snowfall too.

The puppy poo has spoken... snowHead Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All hail the puppy pooooooooo...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, my guess is it is going to stay unseasonably warm by this weekend, with small amounts of snow in the week after, and then start cooling down by the middle of next week, with abundant snow in some parts near Vienna by the following weekend.

Purely based on the fact I'm out in Vienna for a week Wink

Cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about.

"The high and dry will remain centred across Europe for the forseeable future but a series of low pressure systems will track ever further south across the UK. Huge dumps are delivered across the Scottish mountains as easyjet deliver skiers from Geneva to Glasgow." Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Significant dump (say 30cm) at higher levels (1500m+) mid next week (06 Dec).
Temps falling w/b 11 Dec will dump down to lower levels on 14/15 Dec and continue dumping for a White Christmas

Shock heatwave for Whistler.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 29-11-06 15:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 brian
brian
You lot are all cheating by forecasting up to the 9th, you're supposed to start there !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There will be huge snowfalls in Alpe D'Huez area only, starting on Dec 9th & lasting until Dec. 14th (that should give them time to clear the roads for my arrival there on the 16th snowHead

Alternative scenario, I become very proficient in downhill mountain biking over the Xmax period ! Sad

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 29-11-06 17:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bansko and La Ros will recieve the only good snow in the whole of Europe meaning everyone will have to head there, turning them into the new Val D'Isre and the new, well, La Ros respectively.

All other resorts will die a slow and painful death. Crying or Very sad

...Heaven help us all...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There will be weather on the week starting Dec 9th Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I predict regular, large falls of snow on and around St Jean d'Aulpes, Portes du Soleil, culminating in a flurry of snowy activity in the week immediately prior to 3rd March; temperatures will hover around or below freezing for the entire time. It will then stop, the skies will miraculously clear, blue skies will be evident with sunshine daily from early until 4.00 p.m. but never so sunny as to make the snow slushy and the bottom halves of my trousers wet. wink I know you asked for w/c 9th December, but I'm not going then........
snow report
There will be warm spells interspersed with some cooler spells for the 2 weeks following December 9th.

Variable amounts of precipitatoin will be mixed with periods of dry weather.

Winds will blow intermittently from the north occassionally veering to the south with occasional easterlies and westerlies and will vary in speed.

The sun will come up in the morning.

My a**hole will point downwards.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, you will really enjoy Whistler. There are some fabulous restaurants too.
ski holidays
Oh, and my snow forecast. Mild temperatures persisting into next week, then a deep front from the Med will sweep across the Haute-Alpes and Oisans from the 10th Decmeber onwards, dumping a meter of snow at altitude, and 50cm in the villages.
latest report
The cold weather will finally arrive in Newcastle and no one will wear a coat
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisb, Laughing Laughing
latest report
chrisb wrote:

I was up there one New Year it seemed to be the colder it got, the less the females worn. Short skirts (read wide belts) and plenty of string tops you could hang your coat on.
ski holidays
DB wrote:
chrisb wrote:

I was up there one New Year it seemed to be the colder it got, the less the females worn. Short skirts (read wide belts) and plenty of string tops you could hang your coat on.

You were wearing a coat? You must have stood out from the crowd!
ski holidays
There will be sun, rain, snow and clear periods. There will be periods of high wind, followed by periods of calm.

Numerous temperatures will prevail that will be, variously, above and below the seasonal norm.
snow report
I predict large build up of hot air around this forum, lightening later to some concrete data, with possible sporadic bursts of overoptimistic depth measurement by resort marketing people.
ski holidays
fatbob, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If Brian is right I will turn on the snow cannon (Pressure Washer) at the farm and will be skiing in the fields.

Further afield La Ros will get massive dumbs through Late December leaving a 3.5 m base for my arrival in January.
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
Further afield La Ros will get massive dumbs through Late December

Laughing
snow conditions
DB,

Well, you know what I meant wink
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Kramer wrote:
My guess is that Europe will have a huge dump towards the end of next week. This is based on the fact that I've taken the plunge and spent three times as much on going to Whistler as I would have spent going to Val d'Isere, or Courchevel, and so sod's law means that it'll blow up in my face. However I've had one too many pre season holidays with no snow, and this year is going to be different.
Very Happy

Top marks that man ! Very Happy

You don't fancy going to Canada again in February and April do you by any chance ? wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy