Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen/ Murren/ Grindelwald snow conditions and weather outlook

Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd start a separate thread for these GREAT resorts (seeing as there is already a very popular general one). Post any weather, snow or general information on this thread regarding the above resorts and there current/near future conditions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yr99jparkin, welcome to snowHeads wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yr99jparkin, welcome to snowHead 's. For me its easier to stick to the original thread so don't forget to look in on it wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

What more can I say wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Give me all your money or I pull the trigger!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike, so negative Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^ Chris Brookes, certainly not! It's a lovely snow-cannon!! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike, you should be happy as they now have them in the village Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes, Absolutely. I'm also assuming that these new red ones are capable of operating at temperatures of +15C and that I will therefore have no problem skiing back to the Caprice when I get there in 2 weeks time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey oddball, what is it with these negative vibes Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
telford_mike,

This kind of transport maybe more appropriate

http://www.grasskischule.at/index.html

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wengen have reported 15 cm of fresh, they have apologised for this and say levels shouldn't normally be this high.

Wengen are having trouble with the lawnmower but say Fred should get a chance to cut the grass next week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, I need 60 feet of bridge Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, Laughing
ski holidays
woof, woof, woof
latest report
I’m felling pessimistic (I know I shouldn’t!!) Sad Going to Wengen on the 22nd of Dec, I need snow or some hope!!
snow report
sunday/monday its forecasted for snow with freezing level at 1850m but it comes from the reliable snow-forecast website so it might not happen ! fingers X
latest report
yr99jparkin wrote:
I’m felling pessimistic (I know I shouldn’t!!) Sad Going to Wengen on the 22nd of Dec, I need snow or some hope!!

I'm going on the 15th December as usual, and I'm completely confident Very Happy This forecast is much better than the one we had this time last year.

latest report
telford_mike, yep that's similar to the forecast I use which predicts possible snow above resort level arround wednesday or thursday next week, the longer forecast predicts another warmer patch arround the 13th to 15th but then getting colder again, last year was colder but with less precipitation which meant that they could at least put down artificial snow ahead of the season, this years warmer temps seem to be making that much harder
snow report
D G Orf, You think your prediction will be enough, combined with possibly some artificial during the coldspell, to at least open Arven next weekend?

Else I think the ski school will have a bit of a hard time showing me how to teach ;P
latest report
Ronald, how do I put this....... I wouldn't just be keeping my fingers crossed, but everything else as well, my gut feeling is that it will be a late start to the season, but I could be wrong Sad
ski holidays
D G Orf, how am I not suprised Wink

Won't be a problem as long as the week starting the 15th will have something to slide on.
latest report
It will be fine !

Looking forward to viewing the webcams tomorrow...

On another note (for the snowHead 's who dont visit the other Jungfrau region thread) -

The new Riggli 4 seater chairlift at 2680m opened yesterday high above Murren and only took 4 and a half months to build at a cost of 8.8 million swiss francs. It was meant to open this weekend but due to not enough snow it has been postponed.

http://www.beo-news.ch/ABNS2006/dez2006/rigglitxt02.htm
latest report
So who else watched Kelly's Heros on TCM this afternoon then wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy