Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Chirstmas Eve/Day - Info needed.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm new....be gentle with me..... Toofy Grin

I'm arriving in St Anton late afternoon 24th December for 2 weeks. Obviously it would be good to eat on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Soooooo, is everything open as usual, or will I find the town closed? If so, does anyone know where I can book a meal/party before I get there? (I would hate to be sat in my B&B eating crisps for Xmas lunch (I've already asked, they don't cater for either day) I'm looking for something fairly lively....

Thanks for your help

Z
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
don't worry, pretty much everywhere will be open.

i haven't been there for a few years but assuming it is still open, somewhere like The Underground would be a good bet for Xmas eve.

If all else fails, just head early to the Mooserwirt - food is served all afternoon and the early evening party will be guaranteed. If you are there fora fortnight then i expect to report back that you wnet there 14 times!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simo1234, alas, the underground is no more
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simo1234,

Virtually everything is closed (Bars,Discos,Cafes) on Xmas Eve after 5.30pm.

Only Hotel Restaurants with set (Expensive) formal chritmas dinners (must be reserved) are open.

The Underground has closed down. The Undergorund on the Piste was refused permision to open last season on Xmas Eve.

Scotty,s is one of the only places open & you must have tickets however your find that most the skibums take these.

Mooserwirt & KK are open for Apres Ski however the music in Mooserwirt or anywhere is turned down & is not like a normal day.

My advise if your arriving late on Xmas Eve is to make sure you eat/bring somehting before you get there otherwise your next meal will be breakfast.

You can allways head to the church for midnight mass for a free glass of wine Very Happy

It all returns to normal on Xmas Day Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ouch, really...... Sad

Guess I'll bring my hip flask and sandwiches then or feast at the airport (not surea bout the church to be honest, then again, needs must Little Angel

Thanks all for the info, good job I checked!

If you see anyone sat in the snow with a picnic basket, come and say hello.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FYI

Same applies in 99% of Austria, Italy & nearly all of Germany south of Dusseldorf. If your driving down there is limited service station facilities on the Autobahn.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 29-11-06 14:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zdh4 wrote:
If you see anyone sat in the snow with a picnic basket, come and say hello.

Snow! Who said anything about there being snow?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What stanton says is correct about everything closing up - that even includes ski shops so don't be caught with your shoes in the bootroom of a shop afer 5pm with you still wearing your ski boots in a bar up the mountain.

It's pretty strictly observed as a family time.

If you're on the motorway then the rasthof at Hohenems on the Austrian/Swizz/German border is a good place to stop for a meal before you arrive (although Stanton may say it's closed).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Z,
We arrived in St Anton on Christmas Eve last year - had a few drinks in the bar of a fancy hotel on the main street, as NOWHERE was open. I'd need hypnosis to be able to remember its name Laughing.

Enjoy!

CD.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy