Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New BA baggage allowances

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got chatting to the check-in staff at a surprisingly quiet Gatwick on Friday evening. They coomented on mine being the first skis they'd checked this winter and said they had just been trained on the new baggage rules coming in to place from January. It's seems that they are going to enforce the only one item of hold luggage regulation very strictly. The exception will be one additional bag for sports equipment. This means that the rucksack plus ski bag, pus boot bag combination is no longer going to be permisible.

They said they are going to be really strict with the check-in staff having no ability to issue an additional baggage tag without taking a payment. Looks like it's time to get one of those combined holdall/boot bag thingys. The women I was talking to did not know if this would apply to bookings made before January.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Sparks, is that just for Euro (i.e. domestic) flights?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That seems to contradict what is on their website

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagsport/public/en_gb

For snow ski equipment it says

Defined as : One pair of skis and ski poles or a snowboard or a monoski. Plus one pair of ski boots and bindings.

Weight allowance and Piece allowance : Snow Ski Equipment that falls within this definition is carried free in addition to your normal baggage allowance, until 30th April 2007. A maximum weight of 23kg (51lbs) applies to each bag.

Unless I'm being thick, doesn't that mean you could have separate bags for boots and skis??? Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geetee, that's the way i'd read it and i will be testing this out on a weekend trip to chamonix in 2 weeks - i'll report back after that......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, It was a euro check-in and I didn't ask whether it applied to long haul.

geetee, and Roger C, They said it was a new system coming in to effect from January. I didn't have a problem checking separate boot and ski bags, but they mentioned it to me as a friendly word to the wise.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy