Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski poland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm new at this site and find it great. There is so much info on resorts with real, honest opinions.
I especially like the resort section where you can look at what has been said.

I looked at some places that I have been and noticed some missing. Many people have asked questions about poland so I;ll add what I know.

I lived in Polish mountains in 2002-3. In general, skiing in Poland or other e. europe countries is not nearly as good or well developed as it is in the Alps or the Western US and Canada. The skiing can be more like eastern US skiing or skiing at a small area in the western US or Canada. However, it is much cheaper. It can be a great cultural experience for those tired of big unfriendly resorts. Dollar beers and sausage at little mountain huts cant be beat.

Zakopane is Polands biggest ski resort. It is a pretty big town with a main walking area. There are two places to ski: Gubaowka which is small and crowded. You can walk there from the center of town. The other area, which goes up into the tatra mountains is better. You get there on a tram which can have a long wait. (I never saw a line there though) The skiing is pretty good with some good off-piste decents.

Szczyrk, is polands "largest" ski area. Besides being hard to say, it isnt very good and people going to Poland would wonder why they came so far to ski at this place. It is good for beginners and intermediates and is located in a traditional mtn valley.

Pilsko in the village of Korbielow is my favorite. It snows a lot and has some great tree skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Szczyrk, is polands "largest" ski area. Besides being hard to say, it isnt very good
Welcome to Snowheads, j, and thanks for a very honest and informative first post. Nobody is going to accuse you of pimping for Szczyrk.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very interesting j, thanks for sharing your experiences snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a piste map for Pilsko on here . Certainly lots of trees: are they dense or wide spaced?
Zakopane ( map ) doesn't look much bigger.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball wrote:
There is a piste map for Pilsko on here . Certainly lots of trees: are they dense or wide spaced?
Zakopane ( map ) doesn't look much bigger.

I did a web-site for an guy who has an apartment in Zakopane. My fee was a weeks stay. The skiing from Kasprowy Wierch was ok for a day, maybe more if you have some local knowledge. The cross-country skiing was much better. A great cultural experience and last January it was a veritable Winter Wonderland. A day in Krakow and a visit to the Salt Mines completes the experience. Not a skiing holiday though - more a cultural experience with skiing attached
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy