Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Longefoy liaison with Montalbert? (La Plagne)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm staying at Hotel La Grande Traye in Longefoy in January and, assuming sufficient snowfall, was wondering about any liaison with the Paradiski area, e.g. via Montalbert.
    BEST: Is there a chairlift up to Montalbert (or anywhere else)?
    GOOD: Is there a free bus service up?
    FUN: Is there a piste or easy route from Montalbert back to Longefoy?
    OK: Is there a free car park at Montalbert?
Finally, does anyone know if there's a must-visit restaurant in Longefoy?

Thanks. Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BEST: Is there a chairlift up to Montalbert (or anywhere else)? NO
GOOD: Is there a free bus service up? NO
FUN: Is there a piste or easy route from Montalbert back to Longefoy? Piste de Fond only
OK: Is there a free car park at Montalbert? YES

Maybe the Hotel has a bus service to take you to and from the Lifts in Montalbert Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks boredsurfin,

Most helpful. Very Happy

I hope the Piste de Fond is marked well enough for non-locals and we don't get a dilemma every hundred yards as to which branch of tracks leads to Longefoy vs some chalet in the middle of nowhere. Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
crosbie, I'll try and remember to have a look over the Christmas break, I think they do a map of the cross country stuff.
If you look here here you can vaguley see the route,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the map. I've been looking for one that good for some time. I guess http://skimaps.com got shutdown for copyright infringement.

The Piste De Fond looks promising. If the tree clearings bear any resemblance to reality one should be able to navigate even by sight.

I now have to pray I'll not grind to a halt all the time on my snowboard with my two skiing companions skating ahead to the bar before me... wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
crosbie wrote:
I'm staying at Hotel La Grande Traye in Longefoy in January and, assuming sufficient snowfall, was wondering about any liaison with the Paradiski area, e.g. via Montalbert.
    BEST: Is there a chairlift up to Montalbert (or anywhere else)?
    GOOD: Is there a free bus service up?
    FUN: Is there a piste or easy route from Montalbert back to Longefoy?
    OK: Is there a free car park at Montalbert?
Finally, does anyone know if there's a must-visit restaurant in Longefoy?

Thanks. Little Angel

You might be able ski back to Longefoy if there is enough snow but It will not be pisted. There are footpaths which might be marked( they are in the summer) but it will be more adventure ski than anything else!
Longefoy is a tiny village with maybe two bars restuarants at most. See if you can get the owner of the hotel to give you a lift in the morning ) he is always driving up and down ) or ask who can give you a lift. Most of the instructors and shop owners live in Longefoy. But you might as well drive up and drive back down again ( how are you getting there any way? ) Its a long walk in ski boots!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Montalbert, welcome to snowHead . There are a few Montalbert owners and regulars who frequent this forum.

crosbie, You would be better off driving as in January you will have plety of places to park right by the slopes - in fact even in front of Mr Montalbert, apartment!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If there's a ton of snow we might be tempted to cadge a lift in order to ski back down, but failing that, yep, as we've got a vehicle we'll no doubt park near the lift in Montalbert.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy