Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so suppose my OH gets a surprise from Santa this Christmas. He wants some Scott Mission skis, and I have found some , but they need bindings. Which bindings should I choose. I won't get them mounted though. He really likes the bindings on his Bandit XX which I think are Axial 110's. The website in question has some Axial 120's on sale at a reduced price.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, if he's getting rid of the Bandit XXs, he could always take the bindings off them and put them on the new skis
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, I think he wants to keep them as 'rock skis' and anyway as they are 5 years old, perhaps he should have new bindings, I don't really know.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If he liked the axial 110s, reduced axial 120s sounds like a good option? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axial 120s are a good choice.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OH is a v lucky man
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan100, even without a pair of Scott Missions, my hubby is a very lucky man.
wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
dan100, even without a pair of Scott Missions, my hubby is a very lucky man.
wink

Why? Does he work away from home a lot? Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
WTFH, don't push your luck.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, Pick him for your quad chair then push him offf Laughing .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
He is a very lucky man - he lives in the North East - the best part of GB by far.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokin Joe,
The NE is the best part of England (without question) whether it’s the best place in GB is open to debate.....

Helen Beaumont,
I have axial(2) 120’s attached to my skis and my only complaint is they are hard to release manually and sticking your ski pole onto the rear binding to release, chips bits off the plastic surrounding the DIN adjustment screw.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
II, do you know how they compare to the old axial 110's? He is quite happy with those, and hasn;t had any problems that I know of.
Smokin Joe, Very Happy

maggi, who? WTFH or Julian? wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, They've changed the design slightly in that the new model no longer has the turntable heelpiece. However they've re-designed the toe piece so that the turntable is now longer required. They'll be great so go buy 'em.
snow report
spyderjon, ta very much.
latest report
+ check brake width for fit.
snow report
comprex, good call.
snow report
That was my next question. They have a set of Axial 2 120 Ti Pro wide. Will they be the ones I need. They also sell extra wide ski brakes. I will email them tomorrow.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
They have a set of Axial 2 120 Ti Pro wide. Will they be the ones I need. They also sell extra wide ski brakes.

Those should do nicely. The extra wides are for parlor's 110mm+ barges.
ski holidays
comprex, great.
snow report
Result, skis and bindings ordered.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, mind saying from where? I am thinking of buying from Ellis Brighams - and picking them up personally at Castleford.
ski holidays
achilles, www.telemark-pyrenees.com . Shh, I'm having them delivered to France for his Christmas present, but they will deliver to the UK. Did EB have any 178's they didn't when I asked a couple of weeks ago.? I've ordered the bindings, but he will get them fitted in Serre Chevalier.
ski holidays
OH, and the Axial bindings were in the closeouts.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, EB did not have 178s on their site yesterday - but did today. I'll check out the folk you linked to - but if the price difference is not too great, I'd rather pick them up from Castleford. A good excuse to ski there - and easy to take them back if there is a problem. Thanks for your help.
snow conditions
Am I the only one that thinks axials have the ugliest heal piece on the market? That said, I'm skiing Rossi Scratch 120s Puzzled
ski holidays
yeaitsdave, ugly, but it's the best.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeaitsdave, I don't care about ugly. I don't care if ski graphics look like an old tarpaulin. I just want everything - skis and bindings - to work.
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Helen Beaumont, EB did not have 178s on their site yesterday - but did today. I'll check out the folk you linked to - but if the price difference is not too great, I'd rather pick them up from Castleford. A good excuse to ski there - and easy to take them back if there is a problem. Thanks for your help.

No problem, better hurry though, EB's site said limited or no stock when I tried to order them .
snow report
Given that EBs price is £380 ski only, you can get missions + look bindings delivered from Telemark Pyrenees for £425!!
snow report
Though I don't think I would have lost out hugely with EB (SCGB discount) I went for telemark-pyranees. I got a bit side-tracked today - and as Missions seem to be selling out, I jumped this evening. I asked for bindings to be mounted - and though a query about them would flag up when I ordered. Not so. So I have dropped a message to them asking how to sort out, and letting them know I will want Axial 2 120 Ti Pro wide bindings fitted.
snow conditions
achilles, I emailed them about delivery, and they were very quick to respond.
ski holidays
yeh I got mine from them, v good customer service, and free shipping Smile
snow report
Spoke to Neil at Telemark Pyranees this morning. Very pleasant chap. Bindings issue resolved.
latest report
achilles, excellent. I would have got them to do Julians, but don't have his boots here to chcck sole length etc.
snow report
achilles, dis you get the Axial bindings? I've just had them on the phone saying they'd sold out, and that they only had the rental version of the skis left. Not sure what to do now.
snow report
are you saying skis or bindings sold out?

If bindings, then look at the look bindings Helen...These were recommended to me by Foxy, and look good on the skis...

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_53_290&products_id=1563

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
kitenski, the Axials were on sale, I have asked for the Looks instead, and they're not much more expensive, the skis they have left are a rental pair, exactly the same (apparently) but with a protective coating on the topsheet. Not sure what Achilles got, but he ordered after I did, so I was just wondering what he'd managed to get.
ski holidays
This year's Axials were sold out. Last year's (different cosmetics) unused were still available. I went for those. Skis ship today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy