Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

link for daily mail snow magazine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

can anyone point me at a link for daily mail snow magazine, if such a think exists ?

I've tried the usual yahoo, jeeves, and searching here, but no joy...

cheers,
Toby
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
down kevin, down boy...good dog Wink

(sorry toby, couldn't resist.... Little Angel )
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Toby, they don't have a web site.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ahh, fair enough, that'd explain it then Smile

thanks Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, they firmly believe in converting what we do into ink and paper and sending lorryloads of it around the country to people who put it on to racks for other people to browse and probably not buy.

But I bought a copy last winter and thought it had improved quite a bit. Pity about the 'Free Ski Show Tickets' which didn't exist.

The Daily Mail has an interesting attitude to the internet. The newspaper only recently went on line.

They can't be considering the internet a threat, can they?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They can't be considering the internet a threat, can they?

They consider everything else a threat, so why not?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is the best they have to offer...
http://www.dailymailskishow.co.uk/holding/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, they used to have a web site, but they pulled it a couple of years back cause they couldn't make enough money from it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You didn't send them a donation?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i did, but they never published it
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wonder if they will mention snowHeads, in return for all this glowing publicity?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was acutally thinking of telling them about snowHeads. Doubt if they'd turn up though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What was your donation about? If it's any good the committee might agree to publish it here.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jeeeez! If I've told Fuxup once, I've told him a thousand times . . . Don't send your donations in glass bottles, it gums up the works at the central sorting office.
You'd have thought that he'd've worked that out by now, he's been doing it long enough! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's uncharacteristically vulgar of you, Masque, I think he was referring to his donation of Irish Punts (no longer legal tender) and reminiscences of Whistler.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, I lived in Northern Ireland, which uses GBP...

DG, I sent in two articles, and within a couple of months their editor-in-chief wrote in the magazine about the same two topics, and his comments were VERY SIMILAR to mine. I actually raised this with their editor, who told me that their EIC had written them about 6 months previous, but it was a coincidence.
One was about the "single supplement", which, I believe is a money-making form of discrimination, and the other was about skier responsibility.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, sorry about that. I actually knew that and was being irresponsible.

If you were plagiarised, it's regrettable. In a sport with a million dimensions, editors shouldn't be short of ideas.
ski holidays
DG, not a problem.
latest report
Vulgar . . . moi?

David, you know as well as I do that there are editors and there are bean counters and these days the beanies are in charge. I had an acquaintance who worked for the DMS&SMag and he/she/it wasn't all that complementary about the senior staff. OK it was hearsay, but it did echo Fox's thoughts. The mag itself has improved greatly over the last few years, but what it really needs is an online PDF archive of its articles and tests. Cheap and easy to do and I’m sure advertisers like Slush & Rubble could make it economically viable.
Confused
snow report
What it needs is less cowdoo (and repetitive advertising) about their shite ski show and some real skiing journalism, a la Ski Survey and Skiing UK (RIP) magazine.

What's the betting they'll have another 'feature' on thirty things you must do on the slopes?
snow conditions
Kev, perhaps they'll have "features" on whoever pays the most for them.
snow conditions
Yes, I expect you're right WTFH but it's a shame their readership isn't interested in more invigorating articles that inspires one to go further in the sport. It really deals with the sport as a form of consumption which is so unambitious!
ski holidays
See what you've done now toby? Razz Razz Razz
ski holidays
My favorite DMSS error was their repeated printing of the picture of the North Face of the Eiger back to front making it the South Face ? Laughing This occured over several years and I always laughed when I saw it, last yearI do believethey actually got it the correct way round rolling eyes
latest report
EVERY season they have the same formats - All they do is alter content so it does not look to similiar. I got it last season as it gets me in the mood for the season, but not this time. Boring!
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I was acutally thinking of telling them about snowHeads. Doubt if they'd turn up though.

ahem...there are one or two of their writers who already are snowheads members.
snow report
kevin mcclean wrote:
What it needs is less cowdoo (and repetitive advertising) about their shite ski show and some real skiing journalism, a la Ski Survey and Skiing UK (RIP) magazine.

It occurs to me that they must be doing something right as they have withstood the test of time and the mags you mentioned have not.
snow report
davidof, what they have done is provided a magazine which fits. It doesn't do anything too startling, and it has good spin-offs. (the shows, and the readers holidays)
It feels "safe" and "comfortable" for skiers - I guess it's the SCGB of Brit ski mags.
Also, I believe its profitability comes, not from magazine sales, but from the advertising & spin-offs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

ahem...there are one or two of their writers who already are snowheads members.

David, that doesn't surprise me, but I was thinking more of Henry/Cat/etc - the full time magazine staff.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, do you have an editorial contact?

I'm writing an article about how the Vanoise Express etc is changing "sleepy little Plan Peisey", and would be keen to send it to them as well. Not bothered if they steal my work and publish it, as its all good publicity for Peisey-Vallandry!!
Thanks.
latest report
flying_squirrel, not at work, but check your PM tonight (as long as I remember)
snow report
Alan Craggs wrote:
See what you've done now toby? Razz Razz Razz

hehe, and to think, I was only asking in a roundabout way, with a view to seeing about their 'organised' trip to Whistler... Shocked
ski holidays
Grr!
ski holidays
ta v much
ski holidays
toby wright, I have done their whistler trip a couple of times before. It is very good.

http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/whistler.htm
http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/whistler02.htm

Ski Independence are the tour op, and do a great job. The magazine staff lead groups if you want to ski with them, and there are evening events organised too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy