Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me get Trousered!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know how to spell salopettes/sallopettes/saloppettes, so will refer to them as trousers!

Have had my Mambo's since I was young and cool and now I'm so not and feel it's time to move on....and they aren't very good anymore anyway (the waist seems to have shrunk???)

Don't have a clue where to start as when I bought the Mambo's it was all about what they looked like.

All I know is I want grey, zips at the bottoms so they go over my boots, waterproof obviously, and an all-rounder for most temperatures and conditions. Planned trips in December (20 sleeps), January, February and April for a total of about 15 days which will be the most I have ever done in a season and about my likely limit per season give a few days.

I walk into shops and just scratch my head thinking things like "They are a bit pricey" or "At least I've heard of these ones....but I don't like them in yellow" or "they look good but seem cheap, what's the catch"

What am I after?

What should I reasonably expect to pay?

Where's best to buy? FYI I live at East Herts now near Bishops Stortford; work in Shoreditch; and am visiting Milton Keynes in the next few weeks, I think.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi wrote:

....and they aren't very good anymore anyway (the waist seems to have shrunk???)

Laughing Don't you just hate when that happens wink

Try TK Maxx if you want bargain prices. I buy for my SO and boys (19 & 22yrs) from there, all the usual brands including Rip Curl, Helly Henson and Columbia etc. You can pick up a good pair for around £30 - £70 (ish!).

Oh BTW it's salopettes Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy