Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Utah

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two of us being forced to travel to the States in February on business fancy taking a few days out in Utah. Alta/Snowbird seems to hit most of tye buttons as far ask our skiing aspirations are concerned, but accomodation seems limited and/or expensive.

Places such as Park City seem to have more accommodation - although the guides give the impression that all the SLC resorts are fairly close, how well connected are they in practice? The other problem is the usual one in the States - all hotels rooms are the size of small bungalows with more beds than the average hospital ward and geared towards family occupancy. Not really an economic proportion for two independent male travellers! Anyone found a solution to this problem in SLC area?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of motels in SLC or Midvale at reasonable prices. That gives access to the best skiing in the Cottonwood Canyons - Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, Solitude.

I cannot see a problem. You do not need to stay slopeside.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are several possibilities. I'll start by suggesting you register at www.epicski.com and search on Utah/SLC lodging. There's tons of information there. Alta and Snowbird have very little for village life. It's mostly a collection of lodges and some condos. Park City is a great resort town, but, in my opinion, the "Greatest Snow on Earth" is found in the Big (Solitude and Brighton) and Little (Alta and Snowbird) Cottonwood Canyons. Lots of folks stay in Sandy or Midvale -- suburbs of SLC. You can probably find the most economical deals in that area, but you're staying in American suburbs rather than in a ski resort. The Best Western Cottontree has been strongly recommended to me by somene who goes to SLC quite often. Go to www.skiutah.com and look underlodging and you'll find numerous links. You can get a deal for 2 which includes lodging, breakfest, and lift tickets for about $180/night for 2 people. You'd likely find a car convenient, otherwise you'll be relying on the UT bus system, which isn't bad. As for Park City, the three local resorts (Deer Valley, Park City Mountain Resort, and The Canyons) are withing about 10 minutes of one another and are pretty well linked by bus. In general, lift tickets are resort specific, but I think there is a "Silver" pass through some lodging. Look at www.vrbo.com and you may be able to find a decent deal on a condo in the Park City area.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy