Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My new tool (ski maint of course)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have built an edge sharpening tool that takes all the filing and hard work out of working on skis.
I wanted to share this with you all but cannot find a way to up load the images other than via a web page link.
The tool is based around a Dremel tool and allows edge and base angles to be sharpened or changed with great accuracy and at very little effort.
Any ideas how I could upload these images easily? Puzzled
OK thanks to Fenlandskier here is the link:-

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-11-06 17:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/ click the link (it's under snowBase at the top of each page). It's our sister site so you''ll need to sign up again (use he same details as you use here to keep it simple). Once done you can upload the images to there quite easily and then put a link to them from here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dypcdiver, neat idea. Be seeing you soon on Dragons Den, then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Dypcdiver, neat idea. Be seeing you soon on Dragons Den, then?

Nah, too busy.
Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dypcdiver, I used the Wintersteiger Disc Man tool today which is effectively the same thing. Review should be in either the Dec or Jan edition of Fall Line magazine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon,
After all my slaving over a hot welding M/c somebody has copied it? Twisted Evil How did they see into my basement I've got reflective glass Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver, The Dsic Man has been been available since the end last year I think although it retails at £300 in the UK:

http://www.skiequipmentuk.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_55100650
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, the Disc Man is great, isn't it! I played with it last weekend!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon,

Yes £300 makes me very happy that I made my own. Cost a few welding rods and several hours, steel came out of the scrap box 8 x csk SS allen bolts. Total cost including grinding wheels, tools for dressing the wheels etc. less than £10. The Dremel was already in my workshop and goes back after use. It really works well and the finish is excellent. I have just downloaded the manual for the Wintersteiger Disc Man and it seems to be quite a complicated tool, I really do not like the angle adjustment just running along the base surface and it does not have anyway of grinding the base edge angle. But I supose they have another £300 tool for that. wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
veeeight wrote:
Yes, the Disc Man is great, isn't it! I played with it last weekend!

I'm afraid I wasn't impressed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Horses for courses, it wont replace all my other tools, but will supplement them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy