Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Integrated communication glove

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I’m a design/engineering student trying to throw together something which will hopefully make skiing/snowboarding whatever you do on the slopes a little easier for everyone some day.

Basically it’s a way of controlling your electronic equipment through a glove that interprets hand gestures. Initially I’m pairing it with a two way radio in order to give easy communication between parties.

If you have the time, I would love it if you could answer some questions on the subject. If you visit http://www.advancedsurvey.com and simply type ‘46484’ in the take a survey box (right hand side about half way down), all you have to do is follow the instructions.

It’s very short (about 14 simple questions) and should only take 5 minutes to complete, but it would make my life a lot easier! I don’t ask for emails, numbers, etc, your privacy is assured!

Many thanks for taking the time to read this

Charlie Spencer

p.s. if you are interested in any way in this project just reply to this post and i'll get in touch.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CharlieSpencer, welcome to snowHeads. Just a suggestion but the question asking about desirable features doesn't let one enter many characters which limits response.

Good luck with the project.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I noticed that when I tested it, unfortunately because i'm trying to keep things cost effective the website limits answers! Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the survey though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CharlieSpencer, would it be reasonable for us to provide answers in the thread body proper?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Absoloutly
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CharlieSpencer, I will be careful and understand that to mean "don't post any drekh to muddy up intellectual property issues".

with that in mind, I would like a solution to:

- safely pocketed radios or mobiles hard to access
- unsafely pocketed or clipped radios easy to lose
- remote microphones on radios over-amplified or too-pressure-responsive for near-mouth position so unintelligible
- channel changing a complete pain
- remote earphones, particularly current bluetooth, problematic with helmets
- clamshell mobile designs particularly problematic with helmets (talk or listen but not both)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy