Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Abruzzo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am going to stay with friends in Abruzzo this New Year, somewhere close to Pescaro and wanted to try and spend a few days skiing. I will have the use of a car and wondered if anyone knew of any where good to go. It doesn't have to be the biggest or best resort as even a few pistes would be fine as we have children with us so we are not looking to go beserk.

Thanks

Nathan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nathanm, Grimsby Ranger has a place in Abruzzo, bump this thread back up to he top tomorrow and he might see it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi nathanm,

Have a little look at this link http://www.mercuriusrelocations.com/guide/id115.html

Roccaraso is the largest and most popular, its site is http://www.roccaraso.net/ There's good roads to it from Pescara. Should have cooled down by then, it was snowing this time last year but it's still warm at the minute.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot to mention if you've got a map most of the resorts are on the Maiella mountain range, it's more grassy and rolling hills than the Gran Sasso which is steep and rocky, there's quite a few small ones. If you want to PM me I'll try and get you some literature.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi thanks for the info - sorry though I am a bit slow with some of the vocabulary. What is PM me?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nathanm, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

PM = Private Message - if you click the 'user' link below Grimsby Ranger's name then you get a screen from which you can send him a Private Message. You can also access the PM system by clicking the 'Send/Read Message' link below the logo at the top right of your screen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've done a little skiing and touring in the area and it's well worth it. Sounds like nathanm knows a bit more than me though so I'll defer to him

I was a bit surprised to see a so-called ski expert on Guardian-online pronounce that there was NO SKIING NEAR ROME. If it wasn't for the fact that you needed to register to add your views, she would have got a rather sarcastic response from me Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never been to Abruzzo but there's a very enjoyable red wine called Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, which always seems great value, very cheap in Tesco at the moment, worth getting in a few bottles if you get there, nathanm. Welcome to snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hoppo, only mods can access PM's from the 'user' link wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grimsby Ranger wrote:
Hi nathanm,

Have a little look at this link http://www.mercuriusrelocations.com/guide/id115.html

Roccaraso is the largest and most popular, its site is http://www.roccaraso.net/ There's good roads to it from Pescara. Should have cooled down by then, it was snowing this time last year but it's still warm at the minute.

Hi and thanks for the link and info - we are staying at a small place called Pesconsansonesco.

Do you need me e-mail address to send any thing to?

Nathan
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi nathanm, where you are staying it's close to the A25 motorway so you can get quite easily to most of the resorts. It depends on how long a drive you want. Your nearest resort is Passo Lanciano probably about 30 - 40 mins drive, Roccaraso which is definitely the largest and most well equiped is about 1hr 15mins. I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address if you want any more info. pam w is right the local Montepulciano d' Abruzzo wine is pretty good and very cheap! Get yourself to your local Arrosticini also, small lamb kebabs cooked over wood they are fantastic. You'll enjoy it, it's nothing like the tourist areas, 100% Italian.....take your phrase book!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I may be going to Rome at the start of March for a meeting, thinking of getting in a few days skiing also. I was wondering which resort near Rome has the most challenging runs? I see there is a ski bus to Campo Felice from Rome but is there also one to Roccaraso?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy