Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closest and cheapest ski resort for a weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would like to take OH away for a weekend of skiing in early March (birthday celebrations!). We live near Oxford and couldn't leave until 3.30pm Friday and must be back ready for work on Monday morning. Can anybody recommend somewhere?

Look forward to hearing from you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vanderstel, If you can get a cheap flight to Turin, Pila is only an hour away (about 70kms) and Interski do weekend packages that include all the gear (including clothing) so you can just take an overnight bag - makes going through the airport much quicker. Pila is a nice little resort and Aosta has some decent restaurants for celebration dinners.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello! snowHead

There may be some good suggestions amongst the 'Resorts' threads, the topic comes up relatively frequently!
My 2p - We've done weekends in Valmorel flying into Chambery and Les Carroz(Grand Massif) flying into Geneva, both pretty short transfers (less than one hour) and both places were not too difficult to tee up weekend accommodation ( Hotel du Bourg in valmorel (B&B), and ....sucks teeth...our hidee hole in Les Carroz I'll think about!).

Mind you we flew back on the monday to get two full days skiing.

Hope thats of some use to you!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best Ryanair flights out on a Friday are Stansted to Salzburg (18:30), Milan (18:45) or Turin (19:20). All three locations have late night return flights on a Sunday. Milan is the cheapest but Turin or Salzburg would be the best location. Being as it is the latest flight out, I would opt for Turin as driving to Stansted on a Friday can be a nightmare.

Pila has already been suggested. I went to La Thuile from there, but there are loads of options. You could also go the other way towards Serre Chevalier.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heathrow or Luton to Geneva, via Easyjet or BA, might be your best bet from Oxford. Chamonix is just 90 mins or so from Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vanderstel, avoid France...your are right in the middle of the Vacances Scolaires so any hotel worth staying in will be fully booked.

If you can get Milan or Turin flights you could consider Champoluc (avoid Milan Bergamo if you can). Yuo might find space at the Hotel Castor f'rinstance. If you get early morning flights would you be able to return on the Monday?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The large number of resorts close to Geneva seem like an obvious group to choose from.
There is a late evening flight from Geneva to Luton on Sundays on Easyjet which gives you an easy full day skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Carroz (Grand Massif) is pretty quick to get to and seems reasonably priced.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samoens - 1:15hr from Geneva (take your pick of flights from Luton)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy