Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Been skiing in Obertauern Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow Snowheads

Ive been for a ski up at Obertauern. A few lifts are open - enough to entertain you for the day. The pistes are empty and the snow is fab. If anyone fancies a quickie before christmas then Obertauern is a sure thing.

Budget airlines flying to Salzburg are thompsonfly and ryanair.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax, great news!
Any pictures?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes - but I cant work out how to post them!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flangesax, if you already have the pictures hosted online somewhere then you need to put code of the form:

Code:

[img]http://www.photowebsite.com/somedirectory/name_of_the_file.jpg[/img]

If you don't have the photos online then you can upload them to the snowmediazone and then post them here, as above.

p.s. I'm jealous - Deliaskis has just posted a report on Obertauern - sounds like a good place to go...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try this - nope - I will give it a go later!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
any tips on where to stay? Currently considering driving here from Vienna Sunday night, to ski Mon, and drive back to Vienna after skiing, seems to have some of the best snow around at the moment Smile

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, cindrella.. royal riegle.. montana all good.. cindrella is in the best spot
http://www.huettenzauberer.info/webcams.htm

http://www.obertauern.com/

i love the place
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flangesax -- Is the resort open top to bottom? How deep is snow in the village?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers Canv, do you know if the Shutz is good? quoted 65 euros half board for single occupancy.

regards,

greg
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
Flangesax -- Is the resort open top to bottom? How deep is snow in the village?

websites say top to bottom, and

Place: 40 cm

Alp: 60 cm

cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, , more snow is forecast for the weekend, not much was open when I was there and I havent been since - but more snow as fallen since then. We have loads of guests at the moment who are all skiing there so it must be alright. We are about 30 mins drive. hth. Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
looks like Obertauern has got the goods today as well, appeared to be raining first thing, I'm there Monday, so will post some more info Mon night/Tuesday.

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, it has been snowing all day improving the pistes a lot. Seems to be perfect timing for you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smile

So all I need is snow all tomorrow, clearing by Mon morning Very Happy

Wil play the off piste by ear, don't fancy introducing my Missions to rocks just yet Wink

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kerekip, heard anything about Zell Am See opening by chance?
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Cheers Canv, do you know if the Shutz is good? quoted 65 euros half board for single occupancy.

regards,

greg

bit late for you now.. ive never stayed there, but if its 4 star in Austria you wont be dissapointed .. i think it may be a walk in the mornings to get started of a few hundred yards from that end on the town.. im looking forward to seeing what you think.. last i heard only the north facing side of the valley was open
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy