Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The tide might be on the turn!

Poster: A snowHead
I threw a suggestion into the pot yesterday, that we (being Gray and I) might just spend this morning at Bowles (our local...read 1hr away... dry slope). There wasn't a huge backlash of negativity, in fact, he seemed quite positive Very Happy So the alarm buzzes this morning, and we drag ourselves out of bed to see clear blue skies.

We arrive at Bowles to lovely weather, get ourselves kitted up with the skis and onto the slope we go. I’d already said to him that as long as he did a couple of runs, I’d be happy. When he’d done enough, then so be it. After the first three or four runs, he retired to a bench and the boots were undone. I was sure that that was going to be it. But no! Back he came after 5 or so minutes!

I was amazed! He was off! Tentatively at first, but as each run passed, you could see his confidence growing. We stopped for a coffee break about an hour into it, and (… are you ready for this, those that know him…) amazingly, he was the first of eight or nine of us back out of the door to get onto the slope again!! Shocked Laughing

SZK. I have to thank you here and blow you a big virtual kiss! Although the tension in the feet were to blame for the first stop, after that, everything was fine. No pain across his feet, therefore less pressure on his legs attempting to offset the pain = therefore a husband on skis!

Not only was he finishing a run then immediately queuing up at the lift for the next, but I’ve also had the question:
Quote:
How many more of those can we fit in before Morzine?

I don’t think we’ve got the next Olympic champion here, but I do think that he just might be starting to enjoy it! snowHead

Oh – and of course I had great fun too! wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, great to hear it.

Now can we get him back on here for his side of the story??? Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I don’t think we’ve got the next Olympic champion here, but I do think that he just might be starting to enjoy it!
And thats what its all about folks.

Fantastic news Michelle. Reading the above I presume you are now the 2nd best skier in your house Twisted Evil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, a possible result then. Having had painful feet for the last 2 or 3 seasons, and having had to stop skiing at lunchtime, messed up my long-awaited ladies only course in Whistler, etc., I can sympathise with him. It does not make skiing fun. Last year I went back to my old, comfy boots, and managed all day again. I have some new ones now, fitted by Easiskis' friend Cedric.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bless her she got all excited! It must be my dynamic personality Cool

Fox alas, truth speaketh she did! Now lie down must I. Use to exercise this body not is Confused

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 23-11-06 16:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gray, Well done you snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fox - read... he's off to the tub!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does Gray, now want to join the Feb ski trip Michelle, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Linds, Twisted Evil More like, do we want him rolling eyes I'm sure he'd love to come on a trip with the girls Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent, another one converted to the slidy side. Keep up the good work on the dry slope Gray and you'll feel 10 times better on the real thing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, Gray, this is great news. Well done Gray - tremendous. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, easiski, thanks guys snowHead
Helen Beaumont, at least your back on track again Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shock horror. But he can't get too good, who will look after Mrs K?

Congrats Gray, now just instill some of that in my OH and I will be as happy as larry! Smile
latest report
Michelle, yes, glad about that. Ditched the old boots onto ebay.
snow report
Wooo hooo.....roll on Morzine!! At this rate he'll be outskiing us all....
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Michelle, yes, glad about that. Ditched the old boots onto ebay.
With the Saphirs still attached? wink
latest report
Michelle, Great news, but he'll be wanting his own skis next . . . boys and their toys ! Confused
latest report
FenlandSkier, they are still in my ski locker, but only because I will probably have to ski on them this winter.
snow report
IncogSkiSno, Laughing I think that may be pushing it a bit just yet Laughing
homphomp, I should be so lucky rolling eyes
kosciosco, I don't think that you, or Mrs K, have too much to worry about this season!
snow report
Well done Gray - and Michelle for egging you on. Very Happy
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
...for egging you on. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing I think that it might be said that that's a rather polite way of putting it wink Laughing
snow conditions
Michelle, That's awsome, makes things worthwhile. Little Angel
latest report
kosciosco wrote:
Shock horror. But he can't get too good, who will look after Mrs K?

Clearly, Mrs K needs a trip to the Zoo!!
snow conditions
Michelle wrote:
I threw a suggestion into the pot yesterday,

Along with your car keys? wink
ski holidays
homphomp wrote:
Clearly, Mrs K needs a trip to the Zoo!!

The Zoo? Is that to prepare her for the Animal Antics in March?
snow report
kosciosco, Shocked Laughing I think she was referring to SMALLZOOKEEPER, rather than Kramer's suggestion NehNeh
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gray - now is the time to ask Michelle to visit the virtual flight deck in full regalia and serve you any refreshments you request. All day. Go on... you deserve it.
ski holidays
Gray, And enjoy the relaxation afterwards. Oh (I know it's pretty basic) but I am becoming addicted to IL-2 Sturmovik and am currently flying through heavy cloud seaking out German tank positions Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Scarpa, Please delete your last posts.

MOD - please delete them!!! AURGH!!!!!!!
snow report
kosciosco wrote:
....Animal Antics in March?

I knew there was a reason I'd decided not to go to Andorra!!
ski holidays
homphomp, It's group skiing...
latest report
Michelle, It's what you might get up to after the skiing that's worrying me......
snow conditions
homphomp, ummmmm... a pre dinner tipple Shocked
snow report
homphomp, I'd already outlined that particular suggestion Puzzled
ski holidays
Michelle, It's only fair hehehe. He has made a supreme sacrifice, and thrown himself into it to the point where he has encompassed the situation so wholeheartedly that he has indeed begun to enjoy it.

Soooo.... you must cast your eyes down and swish that orange skirt as you leave the flight deck Twisted Evil
snow report
Michelle, pre dinner tipplie, during dinner tipple, after dinner tipple....then what???

Scarpa, Yeah but kosciosco & Mrs K are going to be there too....things could get interesting!
snow conditions
homphomp, more tipple Little Angel Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy