Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Celebrities participating in 'Learn To Ski' Videos..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the 80's in the off season, I used to suffer from the ski blues real bad. So in an attempt to remedy this I used to visit every dry ski slope in England, but that still wasn't enough! I needed to see real skiers, skiing on real snow. I saw my possible solution in the popular introduction of Learn To Ski Videos & Promotional ski vacation videos. Many of them I found to be too short to take anything in and somewhat confusing in their teaching methods. But being taught on Video was'nt on the top of my priority list..seeing good footage of ski areas I've never visited before, was..and picking up useful tips from the instructor was an added bonus.
My favourite 'Learn To Ski Video' was entitled: Ski With Klammer. It was a joy to watch. It had humour, drama, achievement and action. it was a 50 minute video showing amazing footage of the ski areas of the Carinthian Mountains and including the Kleinkircheim regions (Franz's hometown), backgrounded by an authentic Austrian folk tune and even chucked in with a bit of Phil Smith's Foundation Clinics.
Franz's guests included Sharon Tate & Duncan Goodhew. Sharon introduced herself as a complete beginner and Duncan introduced himself as a middle intermediate. It should've been the other way round! Even to this day it still amazes me how Duncan survived without serious injury to his person and other skiers, in his days of skiing before he met Franz Klammer..
"W..what..what do you mean it's back to basics for me, Franz?!"
"First ve vill lunch.. and then ve go back to basics, Duncan.."
But my biggest buzz was to witness Franz Klammer remould Duncan into a controlled, early intermediate skier from a totally uncontrolled and uncoordinated kamikaze skier.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I remember that video. Great stuff.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
"....Franz's guests included Sharon Tate & Duncan Goodhew.
Columbo,

ermm.... I think Charles Manson put paid to Sharon Tate appearing in any 1980's skiing videos!!

Surely you mean ex British Swimming Champion and TV Gladiator, Sharon Stone...who also went on to star in 'Basic Instinct'......

I think the video is great... I can just about remember Klammer in his heydey in the 1976 Olympics. Although there is a rather freaky scene where Franz and Duncan jump out of a hot tub wearing tiny Speedos, and start hopping from side to side as a warm-up!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's the man, in 1976.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, Heh! Heh! That hot tub was a bit embarrassing, I must admit.. I got the impression that they were both sizing up each other's thighs. I think franz's muscular thighs came on top..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Columbo, Sounds like you were sizing up their thighs as well. Very suspect!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My biggest buzz as a kid was watching was watching Klammer as the totally uncontrolled and uncoordinated kamikaze skier. that was until I realised that he was in fact the absolute b*ll*cks!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy